Chapter four~ My Turn

Ding dong!

Will was woken by the sound of the morning announcement. He ignored whatever Monokuma had to say and walked outside, only half awake and in desperate need of a coffee. He scratched the side of his head as he approached the hotel, not paying attention to anything. He walked in side, seeing that he was the only one there. He made some coffee and sat down, waiting for everyone else.

Shortly after, more people arrived. Yet, one person was oddly missing. "Where the hell is Logan?" Will asked. "Beats me. Probably just slept in." Drake said. "Then we should wake him up, right?" Kellz suggested. "Yeah, I'll go get him." Tom said, standing up. He walked outside as everyone else continued to eat and talk.

A couple minutes later, Tom ran back inside, face pale. "H-Holy shit! He's dead! He's d-dead!" Tom yelled, shaking. "N-No, what?" Charlie said, eyes wide. "Y-Yeah, h-he's-" Tom started, before falling to the floor, out cold.

Will stood up and stepped over Tom as he ran outside. "WILL! COME BACK!" Joshua yelled, running after him. Will continued outside. He ran to Logan's cabin and looked inside.

Logan was laying front first on the ground in a pool of his own blood. One arm was underneath him, while the other was by his head. There was also blood on the the door, and strangely shaped spots of blood on the floor next to the body.

"Oh my god..." Joshua said from behind Will. Will felt like he was going to be sick.

Ding dong!

"A body has been discovered! After a short period of investigation, we'll have a class trial!" Monokuma said on the monitor.

Soon after the announcement, the others came down to see the body. "W-Who did it?! Who killed him?" Sky yelled, looking from person to person. "H-Holy shit!" Adam yelled. "Huh? Please tell me the body wasn't re-oh look there it is." Tom mumbled after waking up. He looked like he was going pass out again before Nico pulled him up and shook him. "Get over yourself! If you don't help investigate, and if we fail the trial, we're all going to die! So just pull yourself together." Nico said, pulling Tom up on to his feet. "N-Nico's right. We n-need to investigate the m-murder before the trial. We need t-to do it...for Logan's s-sake." Kellz said. "S-She's right. We can't j-just stand around doing n-nothing." Alex agreed.

Everyone grudgingly started investigating Logan's death.

Will started with the body. He leaned down next to it, trying to remain as calm as possible. He tried not to think about the fact that he had considered Logan a friend in this hell hole. Nope, can't think about that.

"What do you think happened to him?" Adam asked as he investigated Logan's cabin. "He probably was...stabbed." Will mumbled. "In the chest, I think. The killer...they might have used a knife from the hotel kitchen, or found something at the super market." Will explained further. "Makes sense. But how did they get in?" Adam asked. "Wouldn't he lock his door at night." he continued. "Do you think he forgot?" Will asked. "Um, I don't think so. Look at the door handle." Adam said, pointing at the door. Will glanced up to see the door handle at an awkward angle. "The killer must have broken the lock in order to get in." Adam said, standing up and grabbing the broken handle, shaking it.

Ba Ding!

"What the hell?" Will asked, looking for the location of the sound. He pulled out his E-handbook to see the screen had been turned on. Truth Bullet: Broken handle. "Truth bullet? Ugh, fucking bear." Will sighed, putting the E-handbook back in to his pocket. "Also, what's with these blood stains?" Joshua asked from where he was standing a few feet away. "They look almost like footprints. They were left by the killer when he left the cabin." Adam explained. Truth Bullet: Bloody footprints.

Will stood up and moved on to investigating different locations of the island. He stopped at the hotel's kitchen first, where Sky was looking around. "Welp, I guess we know where the killer got the knife from." Sky said, gesturing towards the knife rack. One of the bigger knives was missing. Truth Bullet: Missing knife. "Hey Sky, did you hear anything last night?" Will asked. "No. I guess it's a little weird, since I was off at Rocket Punch last night." Sky explained, pulling his shirt collar up. "Why were you there?" Will asked. "Oh, I was just looking for a laptop or something. I couldn't sleep, so I was going to play some games or see if I could contact anyone. Sadly, I couldn't find anything." Sky explained. Truth Bullet: Sky's testimony. "Well thanks anyway." Will said, walking out.

Will's next stop was Rocket Punch. He roamed the isles looking for anything, when he came across a strange black thing behind the Coke bottles. He reached behind them to find that it was a cloak, heavily stained with blood. Will yelled and dropped it. "WHO'S THERE?" someone yelled from across the store. "I-It's just me, Will." Will yelled back, slowly picking up the cloak again. As he did, a bloody knife fell out of it. Great. Truth Bullet: Bloody cloak. Truth Bullet: Bloody knife. "Oh, hey." the person said, looking around the corner of a nearby isle. Will glanced over to see that it was Phil. "You scared me. Why were you- ah blood!" Phil said as he looked at the cloak. "I think the killer might have worn this when he killed Logan." Will told the other youtuber. "I'm guessing to keep the blood off of them, right? Also to look all evil and creepy. Like a ghost or something!" Phil said. "...Right." Will said slowly. "Oh, sorry. Guess I sounded kind of weird there." Phil added, brushing his hair out of his face. "Uh, yeah, it's fine." Will said. "Anyway, did you see anything last night?" Will asked. "Well, I couldn't sleep last night, and I did some sort of creaking noise. It sounded kinda like foot steps." Phil said. Truth Bullet: Phil's testimony. "What's going on?" Dan asked, coming from a nearby isle. "I was just looking for clues here. Also, did you hear or see anything last night?" Will asked. "I did hear someone leave their cabin in the middle of the night. I thought it was a little stange, so I stayed awake for a while until they got back. It toke them, like, half an hour or something though." Dan explained. Truth Bullet: Dan's testimony.

As Will walked out of Rocket Punch, he wondered where to go next. He wandered back to the cabins. He walked to the scene of the crime, and paused. He slowly looked over at the body. He caught himself staring at Logan's dead corpse. He was about to look away when he noticed something shining in the corner of Logan's cabin. Will quickly turned his head to look at it.

It was small, but Will couldn't really tell what it was from outside. Will crept inside and knelled down the pick up the small thing. It turned out to be a small purple shard of...something. It almost felt like glass, only heavier and thicker. Will slipped it in to his pocket. Truth Bullet: Purple shard.

Ding Dong!

"Investigation time is over! Please meet at Monokuma Rock for our very first class trial!" Monokuma said over the monitor. Will sighed and started walking.

Once he got there, the only other people were Alex and Kellz. "Oh, hey Will." Kellz said with less life in her voice then she normally has. "Hey guys. Ready to do this?" Will asked. "I think so. Or, I guess, I hope so. If we're not, them we're all....dead." Alex said sadly. Will just nodded. Soon the others arrived.

"Alright alright alight! Are we ready? Yes we are! Lets get this show on the road!" Monkuma said happily. "So, do we do this outside, or...?" Sky asked. "What? No no. Look, at the rock carved like my face." Monokuma said, pointing upwards. "All of the rocks are carved like your face." Adam said flatly. "Well then, look at the one that's moving, asshat." Monokuma said, waving his paw. As if on cue, one of the smaller Monokuma heads shook, then opened its mouth. Out of its mouth came an escalator, leading to the youtubers. "...Really?" Nappy said, sound unimpressed. "Well, what are you waiting for? Get on." Monokuma said before disappearing. Everyone looked at each other before getting on the escalator of doom.

The escalator lead them to a large elevator that took them down, below the ground. After a while, the doors opened to show a room with many desks. Behind one of the desks was a black and white picture of Logan with his face crossed out on a long black picture frame.

After everyone got to their desk and Monokuma had sat down on his throne, the bear cleared his throat. "Let's get this trial started, ALL RISE!" Monokuma yelled, starting the trial.