Chapter five~ Foot Steps

"So...what do we do now?" Dan asked, looking around the room. "Let's start with how the killer got in to Logan's cabin in the first place." Drake said. "But that's obvious! They broke the door handle with something. Maybe the knife handle or some other thing." Adam explained.

"Hey, I was wondering, why was Logan chosen. To kill, I mean. He hadn't done much while he was alive, so why was he targeted?" Dan asked. "May he was the first person the killer could think of?" Joshua suggested. "Maybe Logan knew they were up to something, so the killer had to get rid of him." Sky added. "Wait, wasn't Will with Logan all the time? Maybe Will just hung out with Logan to gain his trust, then kill him." Alex said. Everyone looked at Will. "Actually, Will doing it is possible. He was the one who found the black cloak in Rocket Punch. It was hidden in a pretty strange place, yet he found it right away." Phil explained. "Even the foot prints lead in the direction of Logan's cabin." Kellz said quickly. "And Will knew right away that it was a knife from the hotel kitchen that was used to kill Logan." Jeremy exclaimed. "What the hell guys! I didn't do it! L-Logan was my friend, I wouldn't kill him!" Will yelled, terrified. "You're already doing the typical 'killer freaks out and yells at everyone about how they're not the killer even though they are' thing. Just give it up and get this over with already!" Nico muttered.

"But what if he didn't do it." DanTDM said. "Who else could it be though?" Charlie asked. "I'm not exactly sure, but I have my suspicions. Let's actually go over the evidence first, just to narrow it down." DanTDM explained. "Alright, well, what we know is that the killer must have gotten the cloak either earlier that day or right before they committed the crime. After that they retrieved the knife from the hotel kitchen." Nappy said. "Then they put on the cloak and broke in to Logan's cabin. This probably woke up Logan, since he wasn't in his bed when he was killed. We can prove this from the lack of blood on the bed." Drake added. "They then stabbed Logan to death, covering them self with the cloak so that the blood wouldn't splash on them. After they finished the deed, they walked out of the cabin, leaving a short trail of bloody foot prints behind them. They went directly back to they're cabin to hide away before anyone saw them." Phil concluded. "Uh, Phil, the killer couldn't have gone right back to they're cabin. They had to go hide the cloak and knife back at Rocket Punch." Will said. "Minor oversight. Does it even matter?" Phil asked. "It might." DanTDM said.

"Wait a second, Dan and Phil, you both heard someone leave their cabin last night, right?" Will asked. "Yeah, that's right. It was pretty faint, but I could hear it." Phil explained. "So? That was probably me. Last night I went to Rocket Punch for a computer." Sky said. "Really? You were gone for a long time. It wasn't until thirty minutes later that you got back to your cabin." Dan said. Sky shrugged. "I took my time." he explained.

DanTDM got a serious look on his face. "Dan? Or Phil? How many people did you hear leave their cabin?" he asked. "One, but I fell back asleep." Dan said. "I heard one too, but I stayed up all night. I couldn't sleep." Phil added. "So if there was only one person who left their cabin, and Sky has confirmed that it was him, then how did the killer leave their cabin?" DanTDM asked. Everyone paused, then looked at Sky. "...I-I didn't do it." Sky said quickly. Nico raised his eyebrow. "Really? Then why were you the only one to leave their cabin last night?" Nico asked. "...It's only one theory. It's not enough to call me the killer, right? I-I'm still in the clear." Sky said.

"Wait! I almost forgot about this!" Will said suddenly. He pulled the purple shard out of his pocket. "What's that?" Nappy asked. "I don't know. I found it on the floor in Logan's cabin, next to the body." Will explained. "Why would that be there?" Joshua asked. "Maybe the killer dropped it at some point?" Drake suggested. "Or maybe it Logan's, and it just fell during the murder." Adam added. "Or it could be a piece of something that broke." Charlie continued.