Chapter six~ The Second Island

Will woke up the next morning to the sound of the Monokuma announcement. He ignored it as he laid in bed, not wanting to move. His friend and their leader were dead, and from how happy the bear had seemed, they wouldn't be the last. All Will wanted to do was fall asleep, and never wake up.

Bang Bang Bang!

"Will? You alright? Who am I kidding, no you're not. Look, just please come out for breakfast." a voice said from behind the door. Will paused before slowly getting out of bed and opening the door. Standing there was Jeremy with an apologetic smile. Will just glared at him before moving past him toward the hotel.

Will entered the dinning room. Everyone else was there, but it was silent, other then Jeremy and Will's foot steps. Will make himself some breakfast and sat down. "...Wow, you guys are boring! Come on, do something, anything!" Monokuma yelled, appearing next to Charlie, causing him to scream. "Get. Out." Nico said angrily, glaring at the bear. "Aww, that's no way to talk to an old friend, now is it? And I even had a surprise for you all." Monokuma said with fake sadness. "If it's anything like your last surprise, we don't want it." Tom muttered angrily. "Oh, it's totally different! You guys remember those locked islands? Well, one of them is now open to the public! So go on, have a good look around, enjoy yourselves, and prepare for more despair! And remember, if you don't go, I'll kill you lazy fuckers." the bear finished happily before disappearing.

"I guess we need to go." Alex muttered glumly. "Unless we want to die too." Kellz added. Dan cringed. "Too soon." he mumbled. "Actually, I wouldn't mind just staying here and-" Will began to say. "Hey, don't talk like that! No one else is dying, alright?" Phil yelled. "How do you know that? This entire place is a death trap!" Joshua yelled frustratedly. "No, Nico survived something like this, right? So why can't we?" DanTDM asked. "Yeah, out of sheer luck! Even I don't know how I'm still alive." Nico explained. "Alright, I don't care anymore. If you want to stay, stay. I don't want to die here, so I'm going to the new island before you fuckers get me killed." Adam said angrily, standing up and leaving the dinning room. "I'm going too. I'd rather not die for some stupid reason like not going somewhere." Drake said, leaving also.

Everyone else was silent for a moment. "Those two are right, we can't just give up because two people died." Jeremy said quietly. "Why not?" Charlie asked sadly. "Because! Do you really want to prove that bear right? He wants us to feel this way, wants us to die. So, lets give him the opposite. Let's not lose hope, let's stay alive!" Phil explained. "You are so upbeat it hurts." Joshua grumbled, rubbing his head. "But you're not wrong. The bear wants us to despair, right? So we should, I don't know, hope instead?" Dan said. "Right! So lets hope our way out of here!" Phil continued. "And now you sound like a Disney movie." Tom said bluntly.

Though it was cheesy as heck, Phil's upbeat attitude helped everyone get to the second island.

When they made it to the island, the first thing they saw was a giant building covered in plants and rusting from age. "What's this place?" Kellz asked as she walked towards the building. "It looks like some sort of old prison or something. I mean, look at that door!" Alex explained, pointing at the front of the ruins. Will walked up to it and pulled off some of the thick vines attached to the ruins. After a while, he made the large, steal door clearer. "Alright, I don't care if this was a prison, that door is major overkill." Nappy said. "It almost looks like a safe or something. Maybe this was a bank." DanTDM theorized. "...This looks kind of familiar." Nico whispered. "Really? How?" Joshua asked. "I don't know, it just feels like I've seen this before." Nico said. "...We should look for Adam and Drake. They've probably found more stuff about this island." Tom suggested. "Yeah, good idea." Nappy agreed.

Everyone split off in to smaller groups. Will was left with DanTDM, Joshua and Jeremy. The explored the island, finding a rather large library, a pharmacy and a small diner next to a beach.

Will and his group walked in to the diner to see Adam and Drake, eating hamburgers. "Oh, whey guysh." Adan said with a mouth full of food while waving. "Jeez, swallow your food first." Drake grumbled, taking another bite of his burger. "So they serve food here too? Sweet." Jeremy said. "Well, it would be pointless to have a diner without food." Joshua mumbled. "Hey, why don't we gather everyone here? Just to talk and have lunch and stuff." DanTDM suggested. "We'll go get'im." Drake said, nudging Adam. "Right." Adam agreed, standing up to leave.

After a few minutes the two came back with everyone else. They got their food and each found a place to sit or stand and eat.

"So, what did everyone find?" Nappy asked. "Well, it looks like we have a new beach, a library, and a pharmacy, so that's cool." Adam explained. "Yeah, that's all we found too." Charlie added, about to sip his drink. "Us too. Though we did also see Dan trip over nothing and knock down a shelf in the pharmacy." Kellz said, holding back a laugh. "I told you, Phil tripped me!" Dan said after sighing. "No I didn't. You fell on your own." Phil said, laughing. "Yeah yeah whatever." Dan muttered, smacking Phil's shoulder. "Anyway, we cleaned that mess up, so you guys don't need to worry about it." Alex explained as Dan and Phil bickered in the background. "What about you two. You guys left early." Tom asked. "We found the same stuff, though we did find out that, one, the pharmacy is packed with different medical drugs and pills and stuff. Two, this diner is stocked with food, so it's another source of food. Three, and maybe most important, we found this brochure at the library." Drake explained, placing the pamphlet on the table. "More like I found it and you took all the credit for it." Adam mumbled under his breath.

Nico grabbed the brochure and quickly looked through it, mumbling the words to himself. "...Wait, hold on. This says that there's some kind of building on the central island." Nico explained, looking at the brochure. "We've never seen anything there. It's just Monokuma Rock and that creepy statue." DanTDM said. "Do you think it's underground?" Joshua asked. "No, see, this picture has it above ground." Nico pointed out. "Then, do you think Monokuma got rid of it before taking us here?" Nappy asked. "Probably." Nico agreed. "Or it could have been gone before he took over the island." Charlie suggested. "Maybe. Hey, when was that thing written?" Kellz asked. "It, uh...doesn't say." Nico responded after looking over the pamphlet. "Oh, great." Alex muttered. "Who cares about some random building anyway? It's not like it could have changed our situation at all." Jeremy asked. "Yeah, you're right. Though it is a little strange that it was mentioned in the brochure, yet we never saw it here." DanTDM said, picking at his food.

After their talk, everyone separated and wandered around the islands. Will walked in to the library, hoping for some peace and quiet.

Instead, he found Dan and Phil.

"Come on, let's look for- Phil what the hell is that?" Dan asked, looking at Phil. "It's an animal book. I had one like this when I was younger." Phil explained, holding up a large book with a picture of a lion on the cover. "Phil, put it away." Dan mumbled. "No way! Look, it has bears in it, so we can us it to kill the evil bear of doom!" Phil said, opening the book. "Oh yes, this will really help us fight robotic bears. Great work." Dan said sarcastically. "Oh as if you've found anything better!" Phil complained, slipping the book back on to the shelf. "...Shut up." Dan muttered. "Hey, what are you guys doing?" Will called. Dan turned to glance at him before returning his eyes to the shelf. "Looking for books about stuff. You know, like the island, that crazy bear, whatever happened to Nico. That kind of stuff." Dan explained. "And so far, we've found a grand total of nothing! Seriously, all if these books are useless. Well, other then that animal book." Phil sighed. "More like especially the animal book." Dan corrected. "Mind if I help out?" Will asked. "Uh, yeah sure." Phil agreed.

Will spent the afternoon looking through the library with Dan and Phil. Afterwards, Will returned to his cabin. He laid on his bed after double checking to see if his door was looked. Not that it mattered, though. Some could just break in like Sky did. Will tried not to think about that as he fell in to an uneasy, dreamless sleep.