Chapter nine~ Why?

"Alright, let's start with the weapon. I think it was some sort of rock, but I couldn't find it anywhere." Drake said. "Me, Phil and Will found it. It was a piece of one of those broken statues in the library. We found it on the beach with a couple blood stains." Dan explained. "Why was it at the beach of all places?" Jeremy asked. "I think the killer tried to throw the statue piece in the water, but only got it to the water's edge due to their haste." DanTDM said. "But why use a statue piece? The library is far away from the ruins, so it seems like an odd weapon to use." Drake asked. "Maybe they got it before meeting Joshua at the ruins? They could have planed ahead for what they were going to use." Alex suggested.

"Hold on, if they killed him with the statue piece, wouldn't have gotten blood everywhere? Sky covered himself with a cloak, so what did this killer do to stop the blood from getting on them?" Dan asked. "Nappy found some blood stained clothes at Rocket Punch, that we think was the killer's." Will explained. "Right. They must have changed afterwards in to something from the store, because the clothes I found weren't like anything being sold there." Nappy added. "It was just a green shirt and a pair of jeans. Both had pretty heavy blood stains, so the killer must not have bothered to protect their original clothing." Nappy said.

"Hey, I was wondering why someone would kill Joshua specificity. I mean, if you want to stop the islands from exploding, then you could just kill anyone, but the killer meant to kill Joshua, proved by the writing they left behind. Why him and not somebody else?" Charlie asked. "Actually, I think he convinced them to kill him. Right, Alex and Kellz?" Will said. "Right. He came up to both of us, asking us to kill him, or if he could kill us himself." Kellz explained. "So, do you think he convinced someone to kill him?" Tom asked. "He must have. But, who? Who would actually listen to him and agree to do that?" Adam asked. "Maybe someone who was already thinking the same thing?" Nappy suggested. "Probably." Alex agreed.

"Alright, so Joshua talked to the killer, convinced them to kill him, and then the killer hid the weapon at the beach and changed their clothing. That's what we think so far." DanTDM explained. "Wait, didn't we say they got the weapon before meeting Joshua? Wouldn't that mean they planed to kill him before talking to him?" Nico asked. "Who says that Joshua was killed right after talking to the killer? They might have talked during the day, the waited until night to do the deed, giving the killer time to get their weapon." Will explained. "So then, it had to be someone he talked to, right?" Jeremy asked. "Right. The only people I know talked to him are myself, Kellz and Alex." Will said. "So we just need to match who talked with him to who has the weakest alibi, right?" Charlie asked. "Exactly." DanTDM agreed. "Well, both me and Alex slept all night. One of us would have known if the other had left that night, since we usually do stuff together." Kellz explained. "Plus, both of us denied Joshua outright on what he said." Alex added. "And Will?" Nappy asked. "He didn't ever talk about stuff like that with me. Sure he mentioned it, but he never asked me directly to kill him or to be killed." Will explained. "Well then, did he talk to a fourth person?" Dan asked. "We don't know, and I doubt that they'd tell us he did." Nico said.

"Alright, let's forget about the talks and all that and think about what does and doesn't make sense." DanTDM suggested. "Alright, then who found the body?" Phil asked. "Uh, you and Dan. Don't you remember?" Drake questioned, giving Phil a strange look. "But don't you need three people to see the body before the announcement goes off? If it was just Phil and I, then who was the third person?" Dan asked. "Would it be the killer?" Charlie asked. "No, Monokuma confirmed for me that the killer was not one of the three people." Will said. "You had to go and bring me in to this mess!" Monokuma yelled from his chair. The others ignored him. "If someone found the body earlier then everyone else, why didn't they tell us? Dan and Phil only found it randomly, so this third person didn't tell them or anything." Nico said. "Do you think they had a reason not to tell us?" Jeremy asked. "They had to have had a reason. Why not tell us if they didn't?" Nico explained. "Then their reason might be a very important clue to solving this case!" DanTDM said. "Then who is it?" Adam asked.