Chapter seven~ And Boom Goes The Islands

Will's eyes drifted open the next morning. The Monokuma announcement was playing in the background as Will got out of bed. "-to the hotel to hear the next motive! Hurry down before you miss the news!" Monokuma finished before the monitor went black. Will sighed before exiting his cabin and making his way to the hotel.

As he walked in, he realized that the only ones there were Kellz and Alex. The were together in the far corner of the dining room, talking about something quietly. Will moved towards them as they continued to talk. He caught a few words.

"-e wants to cause...-air, right?"

"Yeah, s-...ething in danger?"

"Right, so maybe...-r families."

"I hope not...-ee the people I...-out like that."

"Hey! What are you talking about?" Will said once he was close enough, startling Alex and Kellz. "Will! I-I didn't know you were in here." Kellz stuttered out. "Yeah, you were, uh, pretty quiet today." Alex mentioned. "That doesn't answer my question." Will said. The two glanced at each other. "Alright, to be honest, we were talking about the next motive." Kellz whispered. "We were trying to guess what it is, and find out how not to cause and murders because of it." Alex continued quietly. "We think it might have something to do with our loved ones, but that's just a theory." Kellz explained.

"A game theory! Thanks for watching!" Monokuma yelled, appearing from nowhere. "W-Where do you keep coming from?" Alex asked. "Who knows? Now...where the hell is everyone?" the bear asked, looking around. "I don't know. We've only seen Will all morning." Kellz explained.

Suddenly, Dan ran in to the room. "What the hell did you do?" Dan yelled with a look of panic. "What don't I do?" Monokuma said. "What are you talking about?" Alex asked. "Come out here, I'll show you." Dan said, gesturing for the others to follow him.

Will, Kellz and Alex went with Dan outside, to the central island's park. In the place of the strange statue of the animals, was a giant black timer in the shape of Monokuma's head, complete with his strange red lightning eye. The timer was counting down, and it's current time was 47:55. Many wires were attached to the timer, leading out of sight. "The wires are attached to explosives." DanTDM explained as he saw Will, Kellz and Alex. "Awww man, you guys saw the motive before I could tell you. How sad." Monokuma muttered. "How is this a motive?" Kellz asked. "Well, I'm going to blow up the entire island if no one dies in two days! And trust me, unlike some other creep, I made sure they're real bombs, not fireworks." Monokuma explained proudly. "W-Wait, really?" Phil said. "Do you think I would lie?" the bear said smugly. "But then we're all dead...even you!" Joshua said in surprise. "Yeah, won't you die too if you do this?" Jeremy asked. "Who cares if I die? I have so many copies all over the world, that I'll be fine." Monokuma explained happily before disappearing. "Hey, lets try defusing them. Maybe then they won't go off." Charlie suggested. "That would take to long. Besides, do any of you know how to defuse an explosive?" DanTDM asked. "Can't we just cut the wires? We have knives around here to cut them with." Adam said. "Do you see how thick these things are? And even if we did cut them, what if the bombs just go off then and there?" Nico explained. "So, we're screwed." Drake said bluntly. "Yeah, pretty much." Nappy confirmed.

Everyone split off after that, trying to find some why to distract themselves from their own deaths.

Will made his way to the diner. There, he saw Joshua, having a drink. "Hey." Will said as he went to grab a drink himself. Joshua waved. It was awkwardly quiet for a few seconds before Joshua spoke up. "Do you really think that bear could blow up three small islands?" he asked. Will shrugged. "Probably. He has done stranger, like building that timer in place of the statue in one night, without anyone noticing." he explained as he sat down with his Coke. "Yeah. And trapping us here on an island without anyone stoping him." Joshua added. "This is his second time, remember? Nico was in the first one." Will said. "Right! And he made Sky's crazy execution." Joshua added, sounding a little sadder. "Yeah. And who knows what her did in his first killing game." Will wondered. "And did he say he has copies all over the world? The person, or group that's controlling him must be some world-wide thing. He could be doing the same thing to people all over the place." Joshua explained. "Right. So I guess blowing up islands is pretty tame for him." Will agreed. "Makes me think about what else he could do." Joshua mumbled. "Maybe he'll, I don't know, shot us in to space on a giant rocket, shaped like an arm or something." Will suggested. "Why an arm?" Joshua asked, looking at Will with confusion. "I don't know, it was just the first thing to pop in to my head." he admitted.

There was more silents. "Would you ever kill someone....to save your life? Or the lives of many? Or, hell, even the lives of the people you care about?" Joshua asked suddenly. Will paused to think. "I don't know. I might, if I really thought or would save other people, but...I don't think I could ever go through with it." Will confessed. Joshua nodded. "Would you let yourself be killed to save many others?" Joshua continued. "I don't know, w-why are you asking me this?" Will asked. Joshua shrugged. "No reason. Just asking." he said.

After talking for a while, Will left Joshua at the diner. He then walked around the island, not knowing what to do with his time. He stopped in front of the ruins to think.

Then he heard someone speak.

It was distant, and he could barely hear it, but he could hear two people talking. Will paused to listen.

"-asked me, right after the bear told us the motive." one of the voices said. This one was slightly high pitched. "What did you say?" the second voice asked. That one was a lower pitch. "No, obviously. Why would someone even ask me to do that?" voice one said, sounding paniced. "Calm down. I'll talk him later and clear this up, alright?" voice two explained. "Alright. But, if you're asked, please say no. He tried to talk me in to it for a while before finally leaving. He brought up some good points about killing two to save twelve others or sonething, and was just acting strange. Don't listen to him, alright?" voice one asked. "I won't. I'll just go calm him down." voice two said calmly.

The two must have walked away or stopped talking, because Will couldn't hear anything else. He began to move again, leaving the second island. He made his way back to his cabin. With nothing else to do, he decided to sit in there and play with the small pet app on his E-handbook.

After a while, Will heard the monitor flicker on. It was Monokuma with the nighttime announcement. Will yawned and put his E-handbook in to his pocket. He looked out the window to see the dark sky, full of stars. If the bear was right, this was Will's second last night alive, unless someone killed. Will tried not to think about the chance of another murder before laying down on his bed and going to sleep.

The next day, he wasn't woken by the morning announcement. No, it was something much worse that woke him.

Ding Dong!

"A body has been discovered! After a short period of investigation, we'll have a class trial!"

Will's eyes shot open. Someone else was dead? He quickly got out of bed and ran out the door in a state of panic. Once outside, though, he realized that he had no idea where to go. That was, before he saw Phil running towards him. "Hey! You heard it, right? It's at the third island, in front of the ruins. I'll get everyone else, you go help Dan." Phil quickly explained before passing Will. Will began running to the third island, wondering who had died.

Will ran to where Phil told him to, and quickly saw what had happened.

The body was laying on the ground in front of the ruins. It's head was bashed in, and blood was splattered everywhere. Behind the victim, written in their own blood were the words Really Fricken' Clever. Their hair was wet with blood as it hung in front of their eyes though, Will knew who it was anyway.

This person was the Super Youtuber Level Cleverness, Joshua.