12. Vecna's Curse

"Her bones... her bones.. they started to... snap."

Eddie had sat down now. He was telling you all the whole story, from the start. And it was horrifying.

You couldn't bare to hear anymore. It was tough enough to hear such awful things about your sister.

The others expected you to be a little more shocked at her doing drugs but at this point you didn't really care. You just wished she was back.

You scrunched your face up as Eddie continued to speak, tears filling his eyes. "I tried to wake her, but I couldn't."

He seemed genuine. At least that meant he didn't kill your sister.

"I didn't know what to do... so I just ran." Eddie continued, looking up at everyone's faces. "Man, you think I'm bullshitting you, don't you."

"No.. we believe you." Dustin replied honestly.

"We don't think you're crazy either." Robin continued.

"Even I believe you." You admitted, "And you're the prime suspect for my sister's murder."

Eddie looked slightly relieved, but still doubtful.

"Alright, what I'm about to tell you might be a little hard to take." Dustin said, beginning to explain the whole upside-down situation.

"You know how people say Hawkins is cursed..." You began, "They're sorta right."

"There's another world... beneath Hawkins." Dustin says, slowly so that Eddie could process it, "And sometimes it bleeds into ours."

"Like.. ghosts and shit?" Eddie asked, leaning in with curiosity.

"There are some things a whole lot worse than ghosts." Max added, staring ominously at him.

"These monsters from the other world, we thought they were gone." Dustin continued, "But they've come back before, and that's why we needed to find you."

"If they're back again, we need to know." Max said.

"It would look like dust... swirling dust." Dustin described what you assumed must've been the mind flayer.

"No man," Eddie replied, "There was nothing you could see or touch. It was more like... she was in a trance or something."

"Or under a spell." Dustin continued, his eyes widening with awe.

"A curse." Eddie added.

"Vecna's curse." Dustin finished.

"Who's Vecna?" You and Steve spoke at the same time.

"An undead creature with unspeakable power." Dustin said.

"A spell caster." Eddie added, this was clearly some more D&D shit. It seemed all of this stuff was linked to it.

"A dark wizard." Dustin mused.

"So basically... if we thought the mind flayer was tough... and the mind flayer killed tens of people... this is going to be a whole lot worse?" You guessed, glancing at the others for an answer.

Everyone else stared at Dustin. He was the one that knew the most out of all of you.

And to your horror, he began to nod.

A/n- Hey! What do u guys think of the story so far any tips or anywhere I went wrong feel free to correct me lmao thank u for reading :)