26. The Graveyard

You had only ever spoken to Billy Hargrove once, but it hit deep when you heard that he was one of the victims in the mall fire.

When he used to come round to your house to visit Chrissy, he always just went straight upstairs, never made an attempt to speak to you.

The one time he spoke to you was when he came round to pick up Chrissy in his fancy new car, he was probably going to take her on a romantic trip out, although knowing Billy, it'd be more physical romance than anything.

Anyways, since it was late and you had no idea he was coming, you answered the door.

As always, Billy was grinning. But his grin was never pure happiness, it was more like glee. And when he spoke to you, the tone he did it in was so condescending that you were glad Chrissy broke up with him soon after.

"Hey girlie, is your big sister in?" He smiled, "I wanna take her out."

You simply just shouted for Chrissy and went back into the house. You didn't care about Billy at all, but it was weird that he died.

He was one of the only people you knew that died in the mall fire, unless you counted Heather, but she was a bit of a bitch anyways.

It was quite weird for you when you found out that they didn't die in a mall fire but it sort of made you feel bad for hating Billy, especially when you found out his death was one of the most selfless things he'd ever done.

You sat in Steve's car and contemplated all these things as Max sat up on the hill, staring at a tombstone with a familiar name on it.

Billy Hargrove

I mean, minutes ago, she was talking to the stone, it seemed she was reading it a letter. But now, you weren't so sure, and neither was Steve.

Steve was fidgeting anxiously, looking at his watch then looking outside.

You were sprawled over the soft back seats and didn't think so much of it, you were just keeping an eye on her. You kept asking Steve to put the radio on but he wouldn't, apparently we needed to be able to hear Max.

Dustin and Lucas, on the other hand, we're sat on the bonnet and car roof, trying to think of ways to get over this boredom.

"Right, it's been long enough." Steve said, climbing out of his car.

"Just give her some time." Lucas persisted.

"I'm calling it," Steve said, starting to walk up the hill, "If she wants to get a lawyer, she can."

You quickly scrambled to get out of the car and was about to follow Steve up the hill but when Lucas and Dustin didn't move, you just went to sit on the car bonnet with them.

"Hey, uh, guys??" Steve shouted, "We've got a situation."

Immediately, you all sprinted up the hill, knowing what was going on.

Vecna.

A/n-

Alright I've started with the one shots and I kinda like them. Plz give me one more stranger things character to do then I'll release the book for u all