21. The Intruder

"Guys it's me!" Lucas yelled, sticking his arm out for protection, "It's me!!"

"Jesus, what's wrong with you Sinclair!" Steve raged, throwing the lamp he was holding onto the floor, "I could've taken you out with this lamp!"

"I'm sorry." He apologised, trying to catch his breath. He must've been sprinting or something.

"Sorry guys, sorry." Lucas rested his arms on his head, "I was... I was biking for eight miles, gimme a second."

His face was sweaty and he was breathing heavily, he seemed pretty tired.

"Guys... we've got a code red." He looked between you all.

"What?" You asked, confused.

"Y/n? Am I seeing this right? Y/n Cunningham? What are you doing here?" Lucas asked, looking more confused than tired now.

"She's one of us now. She knows it all." Robin pointed out.

You turned around and the two of you shared a smile.

"Anyways, Dustin." Lucas began, walking over to his friend, "I've been with Jason, Patrick and Andy and they've gone like totally off the rails. They're trying to capture Eddie and they think you know where he is! You're in terrible danger!"

"Alright yeah, I know, that sucks. But we've got bigger problems than Jason now." Dustin replied, looking to Max.

"What?" Lucas asked, "Seriously what?"

Max and Lucas shared an awkward stare for a little. They clearly both still loved each other, the tension was obvious.

"Well, it's a long story." You began, "But, I guess I can summarise it."

The whole group stared at you intently as you shakily told the story of your sisters death and how it linked to some sort of mind demon that is trying to kill Max.

"It's really a load of shit and without this El girl, I don't know what we're going to do." You finished.

By the end of the story, Lucas' eyes were wider than ever. "So.. we've just got to watch Max so this Vecna dude can't get her?"

"I guess." Steve shrugged.

"So why don't we go to Mike's house? You know, the basement?" Lucas glanced at Nancy and did a double take, "If it's alright with you of course."

"Yeah." Nancy nodded, "We've also found out something else about Vecna."

Robin continued, "It's pretty interesting actually."

"So we're going back to Mike's house now" You asked.

"Seems like it." Dustin shrugged, beginning the walk out of the school.

The lot of you strode through the corridors, making your way out of the school. You were quite surprised you hadn't set of any alarms yet.

The lot of you quickly unlocked the door again and snook out of the premises, rushing into the cars.

Steve, Max, Lucas and Dustin hopped into Steve's car. Dustin in the front and Lucas and Max in the back.

Since you wanted to give the couple some space you decided it'd be best going with Robin and Nancy. You hurried along behind them, asking Nancy very politely if you could go with them.

"Sure." She grinned. Sometimes you didn't understand how Nancy and Mike were related.

A/n- Honestly, I can't wait til Vol 2 comes out just so I can have the whole gang back in Hawkins together. It's going to be so great to write about.

Anyways, sorry for not posting last night, I'm trying my best to post once every night. If I don't do that it means I've probably died 👍

But the question is, do you guys want me to keep the books more mainstream or alter things a little?

So I can either go exactly by the lines of the show or freehand but still with the plotline? Whatever you want. Right now I'm trying to do lines from the show and filling in gaps that aren't shown on screen. Your choice what I do though.

Sorry for long authors note lmao