27. Running Up That Hill

"Max."

"Max."

"Maaaax."

"Max you gotta get out of there."

"Max, can you hear me?"

"Seriously, Max?"

You continued to yell at the girl. You knew what had happened. Vecna had got to her, and she wasn't waking up.

"Call Nancy and Robin." Steve grabbed Dustin's collar urgently, "Go get 'em! Call Nancy and Robin! Go!"

Dustin practically fell down the hill rushing to get the walkie, you just continued to shake Max, wishing she'd wake up.

Her eyes had gone red and she had just frozen all over, it was a trance, she couldn't move.

You could hear Dustin yelling at the car, shouting at Robin for her to answer and tell him what to do.

But everyone was yelling, it seemed like you were bombarded with noise. It was awful.

"Guys!"

You spun your head around to see Dustin sprinting back up the hill. He had Max's Walkman and all her tapes scooped up in his arms.

He chucked them all onto the floor before you.

"Now's not the time for music, Dustin!" You practically yell, feeling yourself shake with the nerves. You didn't want to loose Max.

"What's her favourite song!" Dustin yelled.

"What?" Steve was surprised.

"No time to explain, just tell me HER FAVOURITE SONG." Dustin repeated.

"Which one is it?" Steve persisted, everyone's eyes were glued on Lucas.

"Uh. Um." He mumbled, looking through the tapes, "Right here!"

Lucas picked up the Kate Bush tape, and with shaky hands, pressed it into the Walkman.

"Give it to me!"

"Go, go, go!"

"Hurry up!"

Lucas rapidly slipped the headphones over her head.

"Press play!"

"Do it!"

"Now!"

You heard the faint tinny noise of the song playing through the headphones. Running Up That Hill.

You all continued to yell at the girl, wishing more than ever that she'd come back. You couldn't loose her, you just couldn't.

"Come on Max!"

"We're here for you!"

"Max, please!"

"Max!"

Suddenly, you all stopped yelling. Something had happened. Something completely unnatural.

Max had slowly started floating into the air. She spared upwards, hovering unnaturally ten feet off the ground.

This just made you yell all the more.

"Max!!!"

"Max, we're here for you come down!"

"Max!"

"Max you can get through this!"

"Max!"

"Maaaaaaax!"

Suddenly, the girl sucked in a deep breath of air, and started plummeting to the ground. She screamed and whimpered as the three of you pulled her into a tight hug.

"It's okay," Lucas said, "I thought we lost you." He hugged her the tightest. They were definitely both still in love.

"I'm still here." Max mumbled through her heavy breaths , "I'm still here."

You all breathed a sigh of relief. Max was safe. She escaped. You beat Vecna, you'd won the battle, but not the war....

A/n- It's my birthday guysss