30. The Drawings

"Uh, Max, are you okay?" Dustin gently pushed past you to visit Max who you'd forgotten was in front of you.

"Just couldn't sleep." She said.

You walked over to the two of them and sat down, moving away from the Wheeler parents for a minute.

"People kept blasting music in my ears for some reason." Max continued, even smiling a little.

You almost laughed.

"But, Holly let me borrow some of her crayons and we've been having fun, right Holly?" Max gestured to the little girl sat next to her. She was Nancy's little sister.

The girl basically ignored Max, giving her a nod then getting back to her drawing.

However, someone else's drawing was a little more interesting to you. You leant over it, completely mesmerised by the colours.

"So is this what you saw?" You asked, your jaw dropping.

"I mean, it's supposed to be." Max answered, moving her arms away so that you could get a better look.

"Woah." was all you could manage. You thought that the upside down was a dark shadow dimension, not a bright one?

"Well, I thought it'd be easier to draw out than explain it but," She shrugged, "Not so much."

"No they're good. You're not a bad artist." You give her a smile.

"I'm not Will." She replied.

"Wait, is that? Chrissy? And uh Fred?" You pull at a drawing that depicted two figures stuck in what looked like red crystal? Maybe Max wasn't so good of an artist.

"It was like they were on display or something." Max replied, sounding horrified, "And then there was this red fog, everywhere."

"It was like a dream." Max answered, looking dazed, "A nightmare."

"Oh shit." Dustin said, looking through the drawings as you were.

"D'you think Vecna's trying to scare you?" You asked Max, endearingly.

"With Billy, yeah. But when I made it here, I dunno, something was different. He seemed surprised, almost. Like he didn't want me there." She continued.

"Maybe you infiltrated his mind." Dustin piped in, "He infiltrated your mind, right? So is it that big of a leap to suggest you somehow wound up in his?"

You looked at the drawings again, contemplating them as Dustin continued.

"Just think about it." His face was serious, "What if you somehow unlocked a back door to Vecna's world?"

He then picked up a piece of paper. It had rocks on and what looked like a rose on a piece of glass.

"Like, maybe the answer lies in this incredibly vague drawing, god we need Will." Dustin continued.

"Is this a window?" You picked up the picture, looking at the rose.

"Yeah," She looked at Dustin almost smuggly, "See I'm not that bad."

"I- I think I've seen this before." You said, snatching more of the papers from off the table.

"Where?" Dustin said, looking at you as you assembled a structure before you, "Oh, that looks like a house!"

"Not just any house." You replied, finishing it with the rose window, "One I've seen on a newspaper report, a newspaper report written in 1959. About a demon, haunting a certain house, with only one survivor.

"Victor Creel!" Dustin figured it out, practically jumping off his chair, "It's Victor Creel's house!"

A/n- I'm probably gonna start releasing these once every two nights cuz it's easier for me cuz I cba to write more