31. The Creel House

Your stomach tightened as the car slowed to a halt outside the house. Nancy had decided it would be best to investigate the residence to understand a little more about who you were facing but you couldn't shake that horrible gut feeling that was growing inside you.

You missed your sister more than anything, which, combined with the terror of meeting her murderer was enough to give you the shivers.

You closed the door behind you as you clambered out of the car. Nancy and Robin were right behind you, they could sense that you were afraid.

"You don't have to go in if you don't want to." Robin placed a hand on your shoulder, "I get that it's all a lot to take in."

She gave you a reassuring smile which you returned.

The truth was, you didn't want to go in, it looked horrifying with it's long shadow, bordered up windows and damaged paintwork. But, you knew that you had to go inside... for Chrissy.

"Yeah..." Steve mumbled, looking at the building just as you were, "That's not creepy at all."

Still, Nancy pushed forwards and strode ahead, leading the party towards the front door. You stood beside Max, giving her arm a gentle squeeze to reassure her whilst you watched Nancy, Steve and Robin try to take the boards off the door.

"What are we even supposed to be looking for in this shithole anyway?" Steve asked, clearly feeling the nerves.

"I'm not sure." Nancy replied, still completely calm, "I just know this house is to do with Vecna, and he has something to do with the Creel Family, like Y/n said."

"And also because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?" Steve added.

"That too." Nancy agreed.

"Maybe here holds a clue to where Vecna is, why he's back and what he's got to do with the creels?" Dustin suggested, "And how to stop him before he comes back for Max.."

No one spoke for a while as Steve loosed the bolts on the door. You looked to Max who was now edging towards Lucas.

"We don't think he's in here right now, do we?" Lucas asked.

"Don't know," Max mumbled, "There's only one way to find out."

Suddenly the board fell from the door, scattering dry leaves and rubble all over the porch. Steve had knocked it down, revealing a front door identical to the one on Max's drawings.

Max froze, staring at the door with wide eyes. She had goosebumps all over her skin. You glanced at her, worriedly.

"It's locked." Nancy sighed, looking annoyed.

You looked around, noticing a brick beside your foot. "There's another way to get in." You announced, smirking as you picked the brick up.

The others stepped away from the door as you neared and threw the brick right at the stained-glass rose on the doorframe. The window smashed, sending little fragments of glass into the house.

You then stepped forwards, reaching through the shattered frame and towards the doorknob on the other side. After feeling around, you finally found the knob and clicked the lock, and the door slowly creaked open.

There was no turning back now.

A/n- I think it's almost been a year since I wrote in this book. I'm trying to finish all my unfinished books and I'm starting with this one. Sorry for the wait for the chapters, thanks for sticking around and reading this though :)