TF3| Ironhide x Human! N.E.S.T soldier

Plot: Ironhide found ((Y/n) on the streets. Her parents died in a plane crash. She's terrified of planes but for her last test to get her diploma, she has to bail out of an aircraft.

Warnings: Self-harm
_______________________________________________

Guardian

Ironhide slowly rolled into the base. His alt-mode covered in a thick layer of mud and rain. A smile crept up on my face. 'What have you been up to?' Ironhide transformed,— grunting in the process. 'Ugh, stupid rain,' he scowled, looking at himself. 'I had to drop Annabel off at home but the dirt road was one big mud pool. I am gonna clean myself up,' he muttered. Ironhide stepped over me and vanished in the hallway. Ironhide is more like a friend than my superior. I come straight off the streets, he took me in when I was starved and cold. He gave me a home and trained me. Now I am one of the best soldiers here at the base and yet I am not perfect. As a N.E.S.T soldier, we have to pass several tests and one of them is bailing out of an airplane. I hate flying, but jumping out of one? It terrified me. I tried to talk to Ironhide about it, but every time I want too, my mind shuts down. I can't get it over my lips.

The reason I ended up in the streets is because I was in a plane crash. Only two survivors. I lost everything and I can't get myself to step into a plane again. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair before walking off. I passed every single test, this is the last one to become a certified soldier. I want my diploma.

I caught up with Ironhide later. 'Hey...' I sat down next to him. 'Are you excited for tomorrow?' He questioned. I faked a smile. 'Uh, yeah... about that...' Ironhide wrapped his arm around me. 'I am proud of you. I know it's nerve wrecking but I know you will pass the last test tomorrow,' he said. 'I never bailed out of an airplane before.' He snorted. 'Believe me, you will nail it. I know you will,' he stated. I looked down at the table. 'Hey, it'll be fine. After that test, you can come with us to the battlefield. We can fight along side each other. That terrifies me.' I fixed my gaze on him. 'It does?'

'I am scared of losing you. I know I trained you well, but I don't want anything to happen to you. Promise me you'll be careful.' I nodded slightly. 'Of course...' he wrapped his arm around my shoulder again. 'Anyway, tomorrow evening, we can maybe celebrate it... have dinner in town?' he suggested. My head was spinning, I barely heard his question. He nudged me. 'Y-yeah. Sounds great.' I flashed him a wry smile. 'I have to go. I will talk to you later, okay?' Ironhide raised a brow. 'Where are you going?' He cocked his head to the side. 'Sleeping. Big day tomorrow,' I lied and faked another smile. Ironhide slumped back in the chair. 'You're nervous.'

I shrugged. 'I promise you everything will be okay. You never disappointed me before.' I snorted. Is that supposed to make me feel better? I thought. 'Yeah, I know.' I kissed his cheek. 'See you tomorrow then,' I said. I retreated to my dorm and shut the door. 'I can't do it,' I whispered and shook my head. I sat back down on my bed and buried my face in my hands. As much as I want my diploma, I am not capable of jumping out of a plane. I did so many dangerous tests, never had a problem but planes?

The screams were still engraved in mind. I still dreamed about it. It only happened two years ago. I showered and laid in bed. Fear clutched onto my stomach and I barely slept that night. All I could think about was the test. I sat on the edge of my bed. Ratchet won't buy my story if I tell him I am sick. He needs something physical, something he can fix. If I injure myself, it will give me another month. I grabbed my combat knife off the night stand. My heart beating like crazy in my ribcage. I can't go with that place.

I took a shaky breath before stabbing the knife in my thigh. My throat produced a scream. My bloody and shaking hand pulled out the knife. Maybe it will give me two months to recover from this. Deep down I knew how wrong this was but my fear won this time. I limped towards the bathroom and bandaged it. I changed my clothing and walked up to the medbay. Ratchet was just finishing his rounds. He halted and frowned. '(Y/n)? You're supposed to be in the main hanger? What's going on?' He laid his hand on my shoulder. 'I have an injury.' He frowned and led me to his consult room down the hall. He laid the iPad down and helped me remove my my pants. 'How on earth did this happen?'

He grabbed gloves and a syringe. 'An accident.' Ratchet didn't reply and focused on the wound. 'This is nasty. I don't understand... you came into my medbay once with a sore muscle but never with flesh wounds like this. What on earth happened? Did you had a fight with someone?' I opened my mouth but nothing came out. 'It was an accident,' I repeated. I sensed his confusion. He was only able to shake his head while patching me up. 'I've called in Ironhide. Maybe he can get you to talk,' he said halfway through his stitching. Great.

The said mech dashed through the door,— slamming it shut behind him. 'What the hell happened?' He stared at the wound before catching my eyes. 'It was an accident,' I replied. 'Accident? You never got hurt before.'
'Exactly what I said too.'

Ironhide approached. 'What happened?' He demanded. 'The truth. I want to know the damn truth,' he snapped. 'It was an accident. I told you that,' I scowled. Ironhide grabbed my jaw. 'Did you do it yourself?' A silence fell. 'So you did. Why?'
'I can't do it. I can't jump out of an airplane...' I whispered. Ironhide frowned. 'You had to stab yourseld for that? Why didn't you tell me the truth?' He asked. 'Because you keep telling me I never disappoint you. You didn't want to listen. The reason I ended up on the streets is because my family died in a plane crash. There were only two survivors and I was one of them. I can't even thinking about airplanes. I thought that this would give me a few more weeks. So I could come to a solution.'

'This is not the solution. It's a serious injury. If you had talked to us, we could've done something,' Ratchet said. I sighed. '(Y/n), I care about you. I see you as my daughter. I would always support you. I don't understand why you have never told me this story before.' I shrugged again and felt tears run down my face. 'Too painful I guess. I thought I could lock it away and never think about it again.' Ironhide shook his head and sat down on the edge of the medical bed. 'You need to talk about this kind of stuff. It's traumatic.' I nodded and wiped some tears off my face. Ironhide pulled me in a tight hug. 'You would never disappoint me, (Y/n). We can figure this out, but without getting you seriously injured, okay?' I nodded. 'Yeah, thank you, Ironhide.'