Chapter 4: On my Shoulder

A dark and starry night. That's what it was, this mid-summers eve. This is the longest the caravan had been in a place, but something was preventing Jungwon from moving on. No... Someone was preventing it.

In the midst of the group's meal time, suddenly, Jungwon had the urge to leave. To be alone... Climbing utop the caravan, he sat smack-dab in the middle, looking towards the sky.

At some point he felt as if someone was watching him, but ignoring it, he began to talk.

"Goddess above, why can't I leave here?". He looked downwards, curling his legs up and sighing.

"You have fate here young one," said a voice suddenly. Jumping up and looking around, he didn't see anyone. But the voice repeated it's statement and went silent.

Deciding he needed a break, Jungwon hopped off the caravan, proceeding to walk towards the forest near their campsite.

The feeling of soft grass under his feet and leaves falling uhead was calming. He continued to walk, not paying attention to his surroundings until he bumped into something. More like...someone.

Falling on the ground, Jungwon looked up, eyes golden in warning. Slight fear prickled in his mind, making way for worry and many other things. He was only able to let out a breath of relief when a voice spoke up.

"Why are you out here so late?" it asked with mild aggression. "You should be in your caravan; where it's safe."

Jungwon slightly bowed, looking towards the ground. He continued to face the green and black hies of the forest floor as he spoke in a soft, yet sharp voice. "In all due respect your majesty, the moon called me out here."

"It's too dangerous for someone so tiny"

"Your majesty, I and both a creature of the sun and moon. It is only natural I am about at night."

The two had a small face off before ultimately deciding that walking together was a better idea. For Jungwon so he could walk with someone, for Jay because he seemed at ease with the omega with him.

They walked in silence, the only sound becoming their shared breaths. The night was silent and sullen, no creatures moving about in the darkness of the forest in fear of being eaten by the two moon-dwellers.

They came upon a small clearing, a pond reflecting the moons light. Jay sat down, soon to be followed by Jungwon who played his head on the older man's shoulder.

They sat in a comfortable silence, taking in the sound of each other's breathing. Jay wanted to speak, but for some reason, he couldn't find the courage to do so.

He finally opened his mouth, saying, "You know, this is really nice"

After a minute, he had gotten no response. Looking to the side, he was endeared to see the young wolf asleep. His beautiful eyes shut lightly, the moon's light on his face.

Caressing the boy's cheek, he stood, taking Jungwon in his arms and walked back towards the castle.

Upon reaching a guest room near his own, he placed the boy in the warm duvet, making sure he was covered. He was about to leave, but instead decided to stay and watch the boy.

Upon the sound of his "brother" calling him, Jay stood to leave, only turning back to place a sudden kiss on the boys soft lips then receding out of the door, confused on his actions.

This was going to be a long night.

A/N: okay y'all, so, I'm feeling good after seeing an update that more people read my story! :) I had a sudden burst of energy this morning and decided to finish this draft I've had for two days. I hope you all like it! So, I'm thinking that maybe Jay should have an underlying crush on Wonnie, but since he's so old, he forgot what love is. Does that sound too cliche? I hope not. :(, Anyways, enjoy! And when it comes out, stream KARD's new comeback! And request FanFics my guys!