✯Seven✯ - Axe and Branch

Chapter Seven

"What are you both talking about?—" Rachel Kim's voice interrupted whatever Teresa was about to say next. She stared at the mixed race lady, who looked worn out and tried, probably from lack of sleep. "—do you think I might be able to get any food? I'm so hungry." Rachel moaned, her straight out of bed hair, made her appear more appealing in the eyes. Even though tried she looked breathtakingly beautiful, something Teresa could never have if just getting out of bed.

"There might be something in the fridge. Let me go check." Gideon mumbled, probably trying to look for a way to escape whatever discussion they both had a moment ago.

At the mention of food, her stomach rumbled, but she played ignorant to the sound, fixing her glare towards Gideon who was trying to walk away from the little space left between her and the staircase.

"I believe we are not done with our conversation." She clarified, resisting the urge from putting him backwards. 

There was no way they were both done from this.

Teresa noticed from her line of sight Rachel's startled and oblivious gaze, as her eyes moved to her and Gideon. "Is something wrong?" She asked, the concern clearly audible in her voice.

Gideon chose to wave it off. "It's nothing. Teresa here is just being sensitive." He responded nonchalantly, like she'd only been talking about how good the weather was this morning.

His attitude towards their earlier discussion blinded Teresa with rage, as she clenched her teeth in annoyance, matching up to his face almost close to slamming his head with her. "Don't you dare ignore this." She spat at his face, shooting him one of her intense glares. "If you know what's good for you don't you dare try to stop me." She said, without waiting for a response, she immediately turned her back to him, making sure not to give him a chance to stop her. She heard him call her name, which she ignored.

Teresa was glad he didn't chase her along the stairs. 

Running down the stairs in heists steps, she went in search of Grandpa Daniel. She went first to the living-room which turned up empty. She'd almost concluded that maybe he was still in bed, a fact that she had completely slipped her mind while on her quest to reveal the whole truth to the old man.

The next place she checked was the kitchen, located right underneath the staircase. She couldn't help but notice how spacious it was. She wondered how someone like Daniel would need such a large kitchen.

Shaking her head from any further thoughts, and distraction, Teresa inhales a deep breath having come to a conclusion that he might not be in the house.

At the silence of the house, she heard the sound of something smashing, the sound was so hard that she would have passed it to be something else but a tree leaves touching each other due to the wind.

Teresa noticed a door at the right corner of the kitchen. Not hesitating a second she walked towards it, finding it up. As she got closer so did the sound.

There immediately she saw Grandpa Daniel sitting on one of the sofas in what Teresa believes to be the house porch. In the middle lay a small wooden table with a mug on top of it. She realized this happened to be the back of the house.

It was now or never.

Taking a wide step to where the older man sat, the morning sun immediately touched her body, fighting a battle with the coldness of the wind. As she got closer she noticed he had a phone to his ear talking to whoever he spoke to while she chose to make her presence known.