✯Eighteen✯ - Auction

Chapter Eighteen

Her entire plan for today was falling apart. Jacob outsmarted her expectations. She had worn that hideous dress to embarrass him into letting him get away from him and the auction before stepping into the ballroom, but somehow he was quick to think.

Maybe she was becoming too predictable for him.

"Don't bring that thing anywhere close to me." She gritted out, placing her hands forward to push him away, as she stepped backwards trying to put some place between them, while he strolled closer to her.

"Afraid already?" He taunts her, smirking at her dismay. Within a twinkle of an eye he covered the little space between them, pushing her hands away from him. "Now can we start?"

Not giving her a chance to reply, he tore at the left long sleeve of the dress. The ripping sound echoing around the quiet area, then did the same to the other one with simple ease.

"Oh my God! What are you doing?" Teresa grasped at the audacity of his behavior, as he took her completely off guard.

Going down on his knees,he took the hem of the gown with the help of the scissor, he tore a straight line by the side of the dress, making it appear as a slit. "Mending your gown." He shrugged as he spoke.

"W-what?" She stammered in shock. That wasn't the exact word she had wanted from him, but again it was Jacob she was talking about for crying out loud.

He lifted himself up using the scissor to cut some of the fluffy puffs away. "What did you expect? I'd let you go just like that? Like I said, this game we're playing is a game of chase and run." He said while trimming the ripped edges of the gown like a professional.

He did it with such ease that Teresa wondered if he had done something like this before. The more she gets to be around Jacob the more she sees new things about him that she doesn't know before.

She watched as he took one of the sleeves he had torn out and used it as a belt on her waist. He stepped back to inspect his work, he nodded for a bit till his eyes reached her hair.

Teresa noticed how his eyes narrowed on her wavy hair, she saw his right hand pull out something from his pocket as he headed towards her. He went behind her making her shiver as he took a hold of her full hair into his hand, as he bonded it up into a ponytail "You should pack your hair up more often to show off your beautiful neck." He whispered to her nape of her neck. She jolted at the shock and shudder that overcame her body the moment he placed a long kiss there.

Jacob appeared opposite her checking out his work. He looked composed like he hadn't just almost taken her entire sense off her head. His eyes locked on hers. He must have noticed the effect he had on her because he smiled at her face.

"Come on, let's go in." He took her left hand in his, and began pulling her with him towards a door.

It took a moment for Teresa to control her body and sense from his kiss to his hand in hers. She pulled her hand off his, placing it to her chest as if she had just been electrocuted. Her eyes were wide in complete surprise. "I'm not going in looking like this." She stated, totally feeling the deja-vu of what she said, when she had personally purchased the dress herself.

Her eyes skim to see the work he did to her dress. Teresa was close to gasping out at the result of what he did. It looked different, and stylishly fashionable, even if she wanted nothing more than to deny that fact.

He really was a professional. She was even more curious about how he knows how to do things like this.

"It seems like you'd like me to carry you in then. I don't mind if you ask me." He spoke, shooting her his familiar mischief smirk. He certainly was enjoying what she was doing. "And you should know, I'd like to be the first you dance with." She snorted internally, almost giving herself away.