✯Sixteen✯ - Jacob's Game

Chapter Sixteen

His game?

For some minutes Teresa stared at Jacob, for once not snapping her gaze away from him. She stared at him like he was beginning to lose his senses. The first moment she heard his statement she had thought he was only joking. But the seriousness on his face proved otherwise.

The entire surrounding around them became silent. If a tiny drop of sand had touched the floor at that moment it wouldn't go unnoticed by them. The tension in the air stinks really hard.

Her chocolate brown eyes locked on hard to his emerald green ones. Her eyes searched for any hint he could be joking,but he gave nothing away but pure seriousness.

"Game?" She asked, frowning at him in confusion. "What game are you talking about?"

Jacob stood up from where he knelt from. Straighten his shirt from an invisible rumple. His face was completely unreadable for Teresa to understand whatever he meant by playing a game. "It's a hunting game. Whereby I hunt and you run." He said in a nonchalant tone, like he was just talking about the beauty of the weather.

Teresa's frown only deepens even more by his word. Now it was certain he was beginning to lose it. "I don't think you know it, but if you can see and notice clearly. We aren't in a jungle. And if you think yourself to be an animal, well I'm not." Her voice raised as she spoke.

Jacob only let out a chuckle, before strolling ahead of her, where she had knocked his groin some moment ago. Both his hands were linked behind him, as he ambled towards a bar by the corner of the penthouse living-room. "Would you like a drink?" He asked, already pulling out two glasses before she'd decline.

Pouring some drink in it, he headed towards her offering her a glass, which she slowly accepted. She raised it to her nose to have a smell.of what it could be. 

A vodka.

There was no way she was going to drink or consume any alcohol while she was still in the presence of someone like Jacob. She prefers to be clear minded of whatever they were about to discuss. She gently dropped the glass in the small center table opposite her.

"Jacob." She called out to him, as he took a seat on a vacant couch by her right hand side. She watched him cross his left leg on top of the other, while sipping from his glass. "Can you just undo whatever you did to my friend? She did nothing for you to tamper with her like that." Teresa pleaded, already getting a sense of him having a superiority over a situation such as this.

He kept his eyes on her while taking another sip of vodka. "About that sponsorship. It has all been returned back to the movie the moment you stepped your legs into that elevator." He clarified pointing to the elevator that led her to his penthouse.

Stunned by his words, it left her mouth agape. To say his statement didn't take her by surprise she would definitely be lying. Teresa wasn't stupid enough not to know that he doesn't do things for free. They were definitely a catch.

"Why until I'm here?" She scowls at his chill posture, not liking what his answer is going to be.

Jacob gave her a smug look after gulping the entire vodka down his throat, then dropped the glass to the ground. "To play my game."