✯Thriteen✯ - Punches And Goodbyes?

✷Chapter Thirteen

If anyone had told Teresa her day would end up like this, she wouldn't have believed. The last thing she'd expect is to see a younger brother throwing punches at his elder brother. She had expected Jacob to retaliate, but he didn't. He only lay on the ground of the street receiving Gideon's punches.

Teresa felt like throwing up at the sound of bones cracking and the sight of blood on one of the men. The sight of Gideon straddling Jacob who lay on the floor with a bloody mouth, made Teresa gasp out.

The will to walk to them and put a stop to the whole mess, left her body entirely. One one thing that Teresa hates was blood. Seeing it alone makes her head spin; she fears she is going to faint.

Her hands moved to her mouth as the urge to puke grew more, and almost uncontrollable. The last thing Teresa would want is messing the whole place with the horrible stench of her vomit.

She saw Gideon grab the collar of Jacob's black polo, pulling him to his face. It was obvious he was still boiling in rage, the way his face where red and hard, the glare he shot his way was one that can kill.

Teresa couldn't really guess what triggered this whole new reaction. But deep down she knew the answer to the whole entire mess.

Jacob lied.

And the thought of him doing so surprisingly hurt Teresa, she felt her heart was being squeezed in a tight fist.

"Why did you have to do that?" Gideon snarled to his elder brother's face, who looked at him blankly with an emotionless face. "Are you that much of a twisted fuck?" He yelled out, stretching his folded fist to collide on his jaw.

As if brought out from whatever haze he was in, Jacob placed his hands on Gideon's chest, pushing him off him. The force of the push put a full distance between them.

Slowly Jacob stood on his face, dusting his clothes. He touched the corner of his lips and winched in pain. Turning to place his gaze on Gideon, he frowned at him.

"I don't know what the hell is wrong with you, but this better be the last time you raise your hands on me. Trust me, the next time you do so, I won't be able to hold myself." Jacob's body became tense, from where Teresa stood she could see the veins in his arms pop out, while he clenched his hand to a fist.

Teresa could already sense they were gathering attention on them already. She could already hear the whispers coming from them. And behind her, she heard Grandpa Daniel calling their names, but both men ignored.

"Like damn hell you don't know what's wrong!" Gideon's loud voice still attracted more attention to them, but he was far from caring.

"How am I supposed to know if you don't tell me." Jacob's aggressive voice tone down a bit, but still looking ready to defend himself against his brother opposite him.

For the first time since Gideon pounced on Jacob, his eyes locked at Teresa's own. Immediately his eyes softened a bit, a hint of anger still clearly visibly written in his eyes. His green eyes went behind her to stare at who possibly Grandpa Daniel briefly before moving his hard gaze towards Jacob.

Surprisingly he did something that confused Teresa even more. Far more confusing than mythological misery that needed an answer.

Gideon pulled Jacob to a hug.

Teresa's mouth would have dropped open if she hadn't noticed something strange. Gideon's lips were moving in a whispering way. It wasn't noticeable to some, it might seem he was offering his apology. She also might have believed it to be so, but the forced smile on Gideon's lips proved otherwise. Whatever was going between them wasn't over, she could sense it.