✯Eleven✯ - See Me

Chapter Eleven

Savoring the last bite from her plate, Teresa took a gulp from the wine glass she held at the tip of her finger. She felt very satisfied after having filled her stomach with the delicious meal Glenda prepared before leaving for the day.

Teresa was sad she didn't get to converse with the younger lady, she only hoped that the week spent here would bring better opportunities, she was the type of person Teresa finds herself comfortable to speak with.

"Thank you for the lovely meal, Grandpa Dan." Teresa passed her gratitude to the older man sitting at the head of the six seater wooden dining table.

The older man smiled as he took a bite from the well cooked potatoes with his fork. He drank a glass of water before replying to her. "You're very much welcome. After stressing you and Gideon, the best thing I could do for you both is putting in enough for your stomachs." Daniel's smile never left his face as he took another bite from his plate.

Teresa had that feeling one gets if someone was looking at her. She lifted her eyes to the seat opposite, immediately locking her gaze with that of Jacob, who had a deep frown on his face. It was obvious he'd been staring at her for a long time. The way he looked at her felt like he was trying hard to read through her.

Ever since their argument this morning he kept to himself. Doing weird things like, breaking fallen branches for hours that he had produced huge piles of wood. Another weird thing he had done was doing press-ups for one hour inside the room they both slept in.

She wondered if he ever gets tired, she was sure his whole body would be sore the next day. 

Though Teresa wasn't going to deny how intense the sight of him shirtless was while he did those things. She swore she saw his vein pop out while he did those push-ups in the room when she had walked in to take a nap. She could remember jumping up in surprise at the sight of his sweaty skin from his torso to his head, the way his biceps flexed as he went up and down almost made her gasp like a drowning fish.

He had only given her a quick glance before resuming back to the task at hand. While she quickly dashed out of the room as if she'd caught him doing a forbidden act.

Teresa cleared her throat as she snapped a gaze away from his. She pushed her seat backwards before walking towards where Grandpa Daniel had sat to offer her goodnight greetings. She bent down a little, giving him a hug from where he sat.

Grandpa Daniel caught hold of her hand as she was about to head to her room. "I was thinking you and Rachel should follow me to town tomorrow. I'd love for my friends to get to know my future daughter in-law." He said, raising his green eyes at her. Teresa almost tensed at the word daughter in-law but was quick to react. She could feel the guilt coming in full force, almost knocking her down to the ground. She found herself hating lying to the kind old man. She'd wanted to decline but she saw the hopeful look in his eyes and immediately agreed not wanting to dishearten the man.

Happy with her response, he let her go, while she offered Rachel and Gideon a goodnight hug. Ignoring Jacob she quickly heads to the staircase, glancing briefly behind her, she sees Daniel's questioning eyes at her action, but chooses to shrug it off. The last thing she would do is pretend to be a loving fiancée of Jacob in front of his grandfather. It will only complicate things even more for her.

Teresa let out a sigh the moment she closed the door to the room she slept in. Her eyes were closed as she took in deep breath as if she'd just ran a marathon. She opened her eyes to the bright room. 

Not wasting any more time than she had. Teresa took wide steps towards the closet, she pulled the closet door open, dragging out the extra sheet Gideon had brought into the room this afternoon.