✯Seventeen✯ - Yellow Tulip

Chapter Seventeen

"Teresa!" A familiar voice called out to her as she walked out of her working place. She gazes behind her to notice Gideon in his black suit and trouser, white tee shirt, black tie and black shoes. He appears like he had just had a business meeting. It's been a week since she last saw him. She knew he was busy with work, and somehow she missed speaking to him.

She smiled at the sight of him, even if she was extremely tired from today's work. Her close working partner Lydia had just been put to bed three days ago. Making work more stressful times ten. Teresa only wishes for Lydia to resume quickly, or if possible she'd inform Gideon for a temporary replacement in the meantime. Maybe he'd consider her state.

"Are you heading home already?" He asked as he joined her on the journey to the parking lot. 

Teresa's brow raised at his word. Her eyes skimmed to the wristwatch on her wrist. It says past six. "Do you plan on making me sleep here? From what I know, the closing period has passed." She implied, stopping her movement and wrapped her arms around her chest.

Gideon smiled in return, placing his left arm on her shoulder and turned her around forcing her towards the parking lot. "I just wanted to drive you home. Seeing you heading to the parking lot, I can only guess Alexa lended you her car?"

She nodded, before releasing her arms from around her chest. From afar she caught sight of Alexa's gray Chevrolet spark car. He walked her till she got to her destination. "Well thank you for guarding me and protecting me, my knight in shining armor." She sarcastically said, not being able to stop the smile that touched her lips.

Gideon chose to play along with her, as he gave her a small bow. "Anything for my princess."

She wanted to mess with him a little more, then said. "I'd very much prefer to be a queen."

He lifted his eyes clearly, finding her sudden behavior amusing enough for a chuckle to escape his mouth. "Well, anything for my queen."

She laughed out for a while with him, before giving him a hug which he returned. "I'll see you at work tomorrow." She whispered before turning to unlock the car and let herself into the welcoming space of the vehicle. She noticed him still standing there, probably making sure she drove off safely.

She turned on the ignition of the car wanting to pull off from the parking place, till a question popped up in her head. Her hand pressed a button, and she watched as the driver's side window wined down. 

Gideon gazed at her, surprised at her move. His smile did not leave his face for a moment. "You miss me already?" He joked only making her smile at his statement, before turning serious for her upcoming question.

She cleared her throat before speaking, for once not snapping her eyes away from his. "It's about Jacob." At the mention of his elder brother's name, Gideon's face in a flash became serious, like he wasn't smiling just a while ago.

"What about him?" His voice became deep in annoyance, like the thought of Jacob irked him a lot without control.

Teresa paused for a while thinking on how to approach the question without giving anything away. "Have you spoken to him since we left Lakewood? Did he get back home safely in Seattle?" She said biting her inner cheek hoping he doesn't find her question suspicious.

Jacob gave her skeptical look, clearly baffled by her question. "Why do you ask?"

She shrugs trying to play the nonchalant attitude, silently praying he buys her act. "Nothing. I'm just concerned? Shouldn't you be? I mean he's your brother, and family."