✯Twenty✯ - Jacob's Lips

Chapter Twenty

"Here." Gideon stretched his hands giving her a movie ticket he had just purchased from the counter just a minute ago. On the other hand he held a small bucket filled with popcorn. While she held two cups of cold coke.

"How do you expect me to take it? Don't you realize my hands are full already." Teresa said while frowning at him. She was beginning to think he might actually be stupid or he was just playing with her. "Give it to Alexa. Both her hands are free." She pointed out, jerking her chin to her roommate and friend just a few feet away from them, who was busy giving an autograph to one of her readers who happened to have recognized her.

"Ah! My bad." He scratched the back of his head with the hand that held the ticket, suddenly feeling embarrassed by his lack of observation.

Every first and last Saturday of the month Gideon comes, taking both she and Alexa out on what he normally calls a 'date' . It was a thing between the three of them in order to still stay connected together throughout their grown up lifes.

But today happened to not be that Saturday of the month which had taken both she and Alexa by surprise at his visit. But he had just shrugged it off like he had missed them already, which Teresa could sense wasn't exactly the truth since she works in his company. Unless he was actually referring to Alexa, then that might be understandable.

Teresa felt there was more to his visit that he wasn't telling her. And she certainly wasn't going to ask him. She was fed up with being the one who'd be asking the questions to no answers. When he feels the need to talk, he knows where to find her.

Alexa walked back towards them both, with a huge smile on her face revealing how young she really was. Still in her mid twenties Alexa shines brightly like a ray of sunshine. Sometimes she notices Gideon keeps his gaze in Alexa longer than normal. Teresa swore she could sense something between the both of them, but neither of them seems to be acting on it. It could just be that they were both too dense to realize that natural pull between them.

"I'm so sorry for keeping you both waiting. Let's go, the movie will soon begin." Alexa said, both her eyes twinkling in excitement as she linked her elbow with that of Gideon clearly startling him while dragging him along with her.

Teresa smiled at both of them as they walked ahead of her. She later began following them behind, her eyes skimming around the cinema, which was clearly packed with people who didn't want to miss a movie they had been waiting for. From her line of sight Teresa saw some couples linked together with each of their arms wrapped around them, they were probably here for a date. While some came in a group of highschool students or a group of college friends.

The old times.

Finally in the movie theater Teresa sat on her seat with Gideon in between both she and Alexa.

She made sure she was comfortable enough while waiting for the movie to begin. From her right side she heard Gideon's throat clearing as he leaned towards her ear to speak as the movie theater was beginning to get a little noisy.

"I know those flowers came from Jacob. And you also know about Jacob being here in New York for good." His words caught her completely off guard. She directed her gaze on him revealing the shock on her face which she immediately tried to cover up really quick as she averted her eyes back to the large screen opposite her.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She tried forging ignorance, but Gideon seems to know her better than she does as he snorted at the charade she had put up front on her face.

"You know you shouldn't lie to me, cause I know when you do." He stated, making her divert her gaze right back at him as she frowned at his word. He gestured down to her hands on her laps that held one of the cold drinks he had bought. "Your thumbs don't stop tapping on themselves when you do."