Chapter 3 : Pain

The activity was finished. He was still missing. The children all walked towards the play room again. She was able to intercept eleven.

"Eleven... where is he?" She asked.

"I don't know." Eleven replied with a shrugged.

"Was he there till the end?" she asked. Eleven nodded.

"He said good luck... Then he was gone." Eleven replied.

"Oh... Ok." She replied disappointed. She walked towards the Rainbow room, hopefully he would be standing there. But he wasn't. She waited till late at night, with eleven. Twelve had gone to bed, he was to young to be up so late.

"Eleven... he's not here yet." She said nervously.

"I know. Worried." Eleven replied with a frown.

"Me too." She said. A distant screamed was heard. She jumped, looking at the door. She looked at Eleven, whom was equally terrified.

"Please!" The person screamed again. They both stood up, walking towards the door. Electric shocks could be heard. She froze. Electric shocks.... Pain. The kind of pain that was familiar. They opened the door, and walked slowly in the corridor. A man could be heard grunting. More electric shocks could be heard. They approached the door where the noises where coming from. They both looked inside the window, seeing him getting electrocuted several times. "Papa" was there. Observing.

"No..." She whispered.

"Papa" turned it's head and they both had to hide against the wall. A door opened, and they had to run to the other side to hide. They carefully peaked, and saw him getting dragged on the floor, unconscious by two guards. She was in disbelief. This was a prison afterall. "Papa" exited the room and sighed. He walked in the other direction.

"Scared." Eleven said.

"Me too, but I have to help him." She replied.

"Twenty..." eleven begged by clinging to her arm.

"Go to your room, it's going to be ok Eleven. But right now, he needs me. He needs my help, Papa hurt him. Papa lies." She replied clenching her jaw.

"Okay..." Eleven replied before giving her a hug. She squeezed her tight and caressed the top of her head.

"Be safe, don't say this to anyone not even Twelve. Go straight to bed Eleven. I'll meet you in the morning." She said before letting her go, and smiling. Eleven forced a smile back, and slowly walked towards her room. She couldn't wait any longer. She walked in the direction they took him. She faced a locked door. She looked at the lock, and remember what she has done in exercises. And his words. "Find the energy and focus." He would always say. Within seconds, the lock on the door opened, and she carefully pushed them open. No one was there. She took the opportunity to run, and check the doors with windows, or names. Anything that could help find him. Finally she found a room, with the name "Peter Ballard." written on the side. She knocked a few times. He was the only one with the name "Peter" out of all the doors.

"Peter... Peter?" She whispered. Without a response. She stood back, looking at the door knob and unlocked it. She slowly opened the door, and saw him. He was laying in bed on his side, still fully clothed. She entered the room and slowly closed the door behind her. She looked at the camera and shut it.  Once she felt safe she then went to rest a hand on his shoulder. She lowered herself to be closer to him.

"Peter... Are you okay..? They hurt you... Wake up..." She said by gently shaking him. He was grunting and then woke up by grabbing her wrists really hard.  She moaned in pain.

"O-Ouch... You are hurting me!" She said before he let go. He relaxed his shoulders.

"I'm so sorry.... I didn't realize it was you. I thought it was them." He said.

"Yes... I saw. They hurt you..." She said looking down.

"What are you doing here? How did you even get here? If they find you here, they will hurt you too." He said, standing up slowly and walking towards her. He lowered himself a bit, grabbing her arms on both sides. He was close to her again.

"Doors are easy to unlocked. I just wanted to make sure you okay... I'll leave now. I will be safe." She said.

He grabbed her chin, raising her head to make her look at him in the eyes. She felt the knot forming in her chest.

"You did so much, just to make sure I was okay. Thank you." His bright blue eyes... She looked down on his lips, and quickly went back to his eyes. She couldn't help herself. He reached out to her wrists, the one he had held on to. Red marks of his fingers were printed on her wrist. His slender fingers started caressing her bruises, sending goosebumps to her arms.

"Does it hurt." He asked gently.

"Just a bit..." She replied.

"I'm so sorry..." he said before bringing the wrist to
his lips, he looked at her in the eyes, and placed a small kiss.

"I-it's... I-It's okay..." she said trying to articulate her words properly. She looked down.

"You need to go back to your room now, but I'll go first to make sure everything is ok." He said.

"No. You got hurt already. I can take it," She replied.

"I know you can." He said with a smirk before turning around and opening the door. He looked carefully and nodded. "Go now, and if you find anyone in the way, say that you lost Eleven, and that you just want to make sure she wasn't here." He said.

"Ok. Tomorrow?" She asked looking up at him.

"Yes, tomorrow, hopefully. Goodnight, sweet dreams." He said.

"Goodnight, sweet dreams." She replied before leaving his room and walking in the corridor. She was able to open the door with no issue, and quickly made it back to her room. She took a deep breath, having a major weight removed from her shoulders. She laid down in her bed, staring at her ceiling. He was so enchanting. She looked at her wrist, where he had planted kiss on the bruises he had created on accident. She bit her lip and closed her eyes. She could still feel the touch of his fingers, gently rubbing her wrist.

She woke up the next day, and was in a good mood. She was excited to see him. Except once she twisted the door knob, it was locked. She tried opening it again, with no luck.

"Hello???" She screamed. The door unlocked, and Papa was standing there with two other guards.

"Twenty... I wish I didn't have to do this. But you leave me no choice." He said before the two guards grabbed onto both her arms.

"What... what's going on?? Papa!" She asked confused, and terrified. She started fighting off the guards but they were dragging in her in the corridor.

"Let go of me!" She screamed pushing the two guards away. The nearest glass on the doors  exploded into pieces. The two guards were held against the wall and couldn't move.

"Twenty, stop doing this. Let go of them."

"Stop doing what? I don't understand!!" She said with tears started rolling down her cheeks. Then, she felt a stinging pain in her neck, and her body went limp. Her legs became weak, and she was catched by someone. Her eyes felt heavy. Her face felt like ants were crawling under her skin. Her breath was short, and messy.  Her head was spinning. Her eyes closed, and the last thing she thought about was him.