Chapter 12 : Running

***Brookly Baby: Lana Del Rey***

"Or maybe he just decided he wanted to go on a walk, we can go help you guys find him, and once we reach the gate, you guys keep looking! " Mike proposed. Well, they had nothing to lose. They had to look for Twelve regardless.

"Fine," Peter replied. 

[...]

They had walked for an hour now. The group arrived at the train tracks. Lucas and Dustin were walking in front, Eleven and Mike in the middle,  and finally Y-n and Peter at the back.

"Mike... Turn back. I'm tired," Eleven asked.

"Look, I'm sure we're almost there. Just on hold a little longer, okay?" Mike said. they walked for a few kilometers and arrived at what seemed like a junkyard. They were old cars, and an old bus just parked there, rotting.

"Oh no," Dustin said while raising his head. He turned around to look at the group.

"Oh no? What's oh no?" Lucas asked.

"We're headed back home," Dustin shrugged.

"What?!" Mike said. "What" was right. Y-n sighed. Well, at least they had looked for Noah all day, so they could definitely be sure that "Papa" took him.

"Are you sure?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure! Setting sun, right there. We lopped right back around." Dustin replied.

"And you're just realizing this now?" Lucas sighed, shaking his head in frustration.

"Why is this all on me?" Dustin asked.

"Because you're the compass genius!" Lucas replied while slightly raising his voice.

"What do yours say?" Dustin asked.

"Noth!" Mike and Lucas replied at the same time.

"Makes no damn sense." Dustin shook his head.

"Maybe the gate move," Mike said with a shrug.

"no, I don't think it's the gate," Dustin replied, looking at his compass. "I think it's something else screwing with the compasses."

"Maybe it's something here."  Mike proposed.

"No... It has to be like a super magnet. " Dustin replied while looking at his compass again.

"It's not a magnet. She's been acting weirder than normal. If she can slam doors with her mind, she can definitely screw up a compass." Lucas said while looking at Eleven.

"Why would she do that?" Mike said.

"Because she's trying to sabotage our mission. Because she's a traitor!" Lucas said, pointing at her. Y-n walked to be next to Eleven, crossing her arms and looking at Lucas.

"Lucas, what are you doing," Mike asked. Lucas took a few steps closer to Eleven.

"You did it, didn't you? You don't want us to reach the gate. You don't want us to find Will-

"Why should she not want you to find Will? What is your reasoning behind that?" Peter asked with a sigh.

"Lucas, come on, seriously-just leave her alone!" Mike said.

"Admit it!" Lucas said.

"No, Eleven replied softly.

"Admit it!" He screamed trying to reach for her arm. Y-n jerked his arm away.

"Do not touch her, what is wrong with you? " Y-n said.

"See! Fresh blood! I knew it. I saw her wiping her nose on the tracks! She was using her powers!" Lucas sighed.