Chapter 4 : Touch

**Play West Coast : Lana Del Rey when reading this chapter. Trust me**

She slowly opened her eyes. Her head was still spinning. She clenched her jaw and noticed she wasn't in her bedroom. She was in a different room, one she had never seen before. She tried reaching for her head and was restrained. She looked down at her body. She was laying down on a chair, both her wrists and ankles chained to it. She frowned and looked around the room. There was a door to her right and a window to her left. "Papa" was standing there, with two others men. And he was there too. Except he was looking down. He had bruises all over his right eye. She became agitated.

"What's going on?" She asked while looking at "Papa"

"Well, I don't like that I'm doing this Twenty but you broke the rules. You must be punished now." Papa said before pressing a button. Then the pain hit. Electroshock started hitting the entirety of the body. Her body jerked, trying to get away from the chair. She screamed. It lasted around 5 seconds, then it stopped. She looked back at the window, eyes widened. The shocks came back and she winced in pain.

"There are rules here Twenty," Papa said while entering the room and walking next to her. "You cannot open doors that are unauthorized. You cannot go into the section of the lab workers either. You... need.... to obey... and do what you are told to do." He glanced at the man who took his place, and he pressed the button again. This time, the shocks were stronger. She screamed, feeling the nerves in her body pulsating. She clenched her fists and looked at "Papa."

"Let me go." She said in between her teeth.

"You need to obey, Twenty." He looked at the man behind the window again. The third round of shocks came through the chair. She closed her eyes, preparing her body to endure the pain. But nothing happened. She waited a few seconds before opening her eyes again and looking at "Papa" confused. He frowned and looked at the man again. The man shrugged, not understanding, and pressed the button again. No pain still. She started to smile and laughed.

"Is it broken?" She asked. She relaxed her shoulders and wiggle her fingers and toes around. She felt the same soreness from the first day she had woken up here. Papa didn't reply anything, but his expression spoke for him. He was terrified and seemed unsure. He walked back inside the room and started speaking with the two men. She looked over to Peter. He was still looking down. Why aren't looking at me? Papa came back into the room with a smile.

"I hope you will understand this time Twenty, I'll let you go back to your brothers and sisters now." He said while unclasping her chains. She didn't try to fight back. She decided it would be best to listen if she wanted to see him again. Oh to be in his room again, alone. She simply nodded and started walking away with the guards. She was escorted to the rainbow room and met with Eleven and Twelve.

"Good morning! Where were you? You slept a lot!"Twelve asked.

"Yes, I did! Too much, but it's ok, Papa wasn't mad." She replied with a smile. Eleven stayed quiet.

"Eleven? Good morning." She said. Eleven didn't reply. She was quieter than usual. "Not here." She continued while looking at the door. That's where he usually stands.

"He's okay." She whispered. Eleven nodded and continued looking down. She noticed a group of four children staring at her and giggling. The doors opened. He walked in, with two guards and "Papa." She felt relief. He was back. All of the children did their usual two lines, facing each other and Papa.

"Good Morning Children!" He said.

"Good Morning Papa." They replied.

"Today is our weekly activity. Twenty, you stay here. The rest of you, follow me!" Papa said and they all left the room. Even him. He stopped looking at her. He never was. Why? She didn't know. She started counting the days. One. Two. Five. Eight.