Chapter 8: Timothee

***Training Wheels- Melanie Martinez***

She woke up. She dreaded this morning. She hadn't slept much for obvious reasons. She got dressed quickly and walked towards the Rainbow Room. He was there, like every morning. She blushed. It was their little secret.

"Good morning," He said.

"Good morning" She repeated.

"Twenty! Good morning!" Timothee said with a smile. She didn't notice him while coming in.

"Good morning." She replied with a timid smile.

"Did you sleep well?

"Uh... Yes." She replied.

"Good, because we are studying together today. I hope you are ready for some hard work!"Timothee said before greeting the others children. She looked at him. He didn't not like that. He was clenching his jaw. He looked at her.

"Did you sleep well...? " He repeated imitating Timothee's voice. She smiled and she shook her head. "Study sessions are new. I'll try to get one with Eleven."

"Good idea. I'll try speaking with Twelve." She replied. He got closer to her and leaned it.

"Don't get too cozy with him" He whispered said before walking away. The doors opened. Papa walked in.

"Good Morning Children."

"Good Morning Papa." They all replied.

"As you all can tell, we have a new friend! This is Timothee, my son. He will be with us now. He's very excited to work with all of you. We will begin study sessions, individually with your assigned teacher. And you will all be cooperative and do proper work, am I right?" Papa smiled.

"Yes, Papa." They replied.

"Good, now once you are named, you will walk over to your new teacher and begin lessons." Every number was named, all left one by one. Peter was assigned to Twelve, which would make things easier. She was assigned with Timothee.

"Hello again Twenty," He said with a smile.

"Hi,"

"Today we are trying something new, so don't be afraid to ask me questions okay?"

"Okay."

He was really kind. He was different from Peter. More gentle. But it wasn't Peter, therefore he wasn't interesting.

"Ok, here. The exercises is simple, but it can get a little tricky. You have to find these objects throughout the facility and make them levitate for few seconds. Someone will validate then exercise, then we can move on to the other objects. Simple right?

"Yes... Simple! she said

"Good! Let's begin." It was very easy. Everything was easy for her. She didn't know why. She finished everything quickly, which let her some time off for the afternoon. There was a silence. He spoke.

"Why are you here Twenty?"

"Uh... I don't know? I just am?"

"Sorry, that seems like an outplace question. It's just... You seem so... Normal? Did you grow up here?" He asked. She frowned. That was true. Was she always... Here?

"I... I don't know... I don't remember."

"What do you mean you don't remember? It's easy to know where you grew up?" She stayed silent. He was making an excellent point. Why couldn't she remember? She started thinking, searching for memories. But, nothing. The only memory she could recall was waking up in the facility. She didn't even know where she was.