Chapter 5: Desire

***Daddy Issues: The Neighbourhood***

Dear Peter,

What happened? Did I do something wrong... Why aren't you there anymore?

She looked at the paper and close her notebook. This was stupid. She changed into her grey sweatpants and grey crewneck. She loved this new uniform, it was so cozy. She combed her hair and left her bedroom. She walked towards the Rainbow Room, but then a guard was standing in front of it.

"No, not here. Go to the black room for this morning." He said.

She nodded and made her way there. This was unusual. She entered the black room and everyone was already there, lined up. She walked towards her usual place and looked around the room. This was very strange. He was there too. She looked at him, wondering why he was there and noticed he was already looking at her. Her heart skipped a beat. She swallowed her saliva. He was finally looking at her, after all this time. Then, Papa entered holding Eleven's hand. He quickly looked away.

"Good Morning children."

"Good morning Papa." They replied.

"Eleven, take your place next to your sister Twenty please." He said.

"Yes, Papa." She replied, walking away and standing next to Twenty.

"Today's lesson is going to be about rules. Ah for some of you, it way seems... Redundant. For others, it appears a refresh is required. Eleven please step forward. Last night your sister Eleven suffered a concussion during her alone time in the Rainbow room. Now, she claims to have no memory of what happened. But injuries of this nature don't simply happen. Someone did this. Someone in this room. Now, who's going to tell me what happened?"

She looked over at Eleven with a frown. Eleven looked at her. Why didn't she tell her did? The other kids seemed terrified. There could only be one answer to this really. Probably 002.

"She must've...fallen. " Two said with a smile.

"Fallen?" Papa replied with a smile.

"You've seen her Papa. She's...Clumsy. Stupid." Two started giggling, and so did the kids next to him. She clenched her jaw and looked over Two.

"Eleven, you may step back. Number Two please step forward. Collar him." One of Brenner's assistants slowly walked towards two, opening the collard and snapping it into Two's neck. The assistant gave "Papa" a remote. "Thank you." He walked to be in front of Two. "You think because you demonstrate some talent that you're somehow immune to the rules, is that it?

"N-no Papa," Two said and his voice started to tremble.

"That the rules don't apply to you in the same way that they apply to your brothers and sisters?" She was confused. Why did he have a collar on?

"No Papa." He replied.

"Then why did you attack Eleven?"

"Did she tell you that?"

"Are you asking the questions or am I" Papa's expression changed. He seemed hurt. "Did you attack Eleven?"

"If she told you that, then...Then she's lying." The three other children looked over at Eleven furious. She looked at her and brought Eleven close to her. She then looked at the three children. They looked away. "Papa" clicked on a few buttons, and then Two looked in pain.

"Papa, please, you have to believe me. Papa. Please!"

She looked at him on the floor. She didn't feel guilty, he had it coming.