Chapter 12 (6-3-2022)

Robbie's parents realize he is more trouble to them at home being a loud teenager and all they are really doing is punishing themselves. So they let him off the hook from his grounding, after only a day, if he promises not to steal from them again.

Robbie agreed to this and apologized properly. to his parents for not asking. "I just knew you would say no and we really needed to borrow it." He says.

"We understand that." His mom replies. "But you have to ask first in the future."

He nods. "I will." He looks toward the door. "Can I go now?"

They nod. "Just try to stay outta trouble young man."

He rolls his eyes slightly. "I never get into trouble." That was a lie because teenagers. He leaves grabbing his great grandpa's journal and the three journals that Ford had written.

Venessa and Greg had just left the house. Venessa was heading up toward the mystery shack because she was going to see the Pines family.

Greg was going to Pacifica to learn how to use the smart phone she had given him. He had been playing with it all night but hadn't learned much. He spends the day learning how to use the smartphone.

Venessa arrives at the little shop and enters to see Wendy talking to Dipper. "Oh Dipper is back. How was the boat trip?"

Dipper shrugs. "Well it was kind of boring. We spent all day fishing and didn't catch anything. And grunkle Stan made another dad there angry so we ended up banned from the competition. Which is fine, we didn't really want to compete anyways."

Wendy nods. "I gave that egg to Mabel. She is upstairs building a nest for it."

Venessa nods. "Yes I had a feeling that egg sitting would be a good thing for her."

At that moment Stanley comes into the room hunched over and wearing boxer shorts and a white wife beater shirt. "Morning employees." He grumbles as he walks to the coffee maker.

Wendy frowns. "You really need to move the coffee machine to your room..." she mumbles. "Or at least put on some pants."

He grumbles back a response but it was mostly just a growl about how young people don't understand how hard it is to be old.

Mabel returns from the stairs with a nest she made out of paper mashie, sticks, and glitter glue. "Beautiful?!" She proclaims showing the egg to Venessa.

Venessa smirks slightly. She remembered when she had been small and she had found an egg and built a little nest for it out of twigs and dirt. She was so proud of it she showed her dad who told her to get rid of it. She never did get rid of it though. Instead she had taken it to a neighbor's house and they had agreed to keep the egg. It had ended up being a chicken egg that eventually grew into a chicken that supplied that entire family with eggs for a few years before it got too old and they eventually ate it. "Looks good Mabel." She says.

Mabel smiles a big smile. "What kind of animal is it? What does it eat?"

"It's a Billkin." Venessa says. "It's a chicken with a duck head and peacock tails. They eat fruit but they really like watermelon. Just don't give it too much."

Mabel nods and runs into the other room to show Stanford.

Dipper smirks. "She really likes animals. This will be good for her. It'll keep her mind off waddles."

"What did end up happening to her pig?" Wendy questions.

Dipper shrugs slightly. "He got big. Too big. Couldn't fit in the car anymore. We know a guy with a farm though so we asked him to take care of waddles. He agreed because Mabel helps out around the farm."