Chapter 2: Awakening Adventure

Before Robbie has a chance to explore this house in the forest he is stricken with the sudden feeling that he is being watched. He turns to leave and comes face to face with a bat like creature unlike anything he had ever seen before. He opens his mouth to scream but nothing comes out as he stares horrified and silent before the creature. Surprised the creature just stands there staring right back at him not blinking until it grins showing fanged teeth, then it flap it's massive wings and lifts into the air before heading towards the house that it shrouded in darkness.

Robbie takes this opportunity to run before it comes back with its friends. He runs straight out of the forest smacking directly into a street sign that says welcome to gravity falls. He is knocked unconscious laying on the side of the road.

-the following morning-

Robbie awakens to the sounds of people talking. He opens his eyes and is met with the sight of a wooden ceiling with firm beams. At first believing he was abducted by the bat creature he begins to panic, as he pushes himself off the sofa he crashes to the floor bumping into the vintage tv set almost nocking it over. He of course stops it from falling before then realizing he was somehow in the mystery shack. "hu? How did I get here?"

"oh dood! Your awake!" Soos says from the doorway. "I wasn't sure if you were ok or not I found ya outside the door sleeping on the dirt." Soos rubs his neck and chuckles lightly. "must have been hecka tired."

"I was... asleep outside the shack?" Robbie raises an eyebrow. 'weird... I don't remember coming back to the shack last night... how did I get here?'

"yeah I figured you probably passed out trying to take the trash out." Soos points over his shoulder like there is something there but nothing is there. "I'm not sure what happened that made ya so sleepy but hey what's important is that you're ok." He takes a few steps into the room and then checks Robbie's eyes. "maybe it was like a case of alien abduction? Do you feel light headed or sick in anyway?"

"Soos! I wasn't abducted by aliens." Robbie pouts pushing Soos off his face. "last night was crazy... maybe too crazy to be real... it was probably just a dream." he shoves his hands in his pockets and pouts. "anyways I'm fine so it doesn't matter."

"well I still think you should get some rest dood..." Soos frowns then he turns to look at the door. "Wendy came back today so I don't need the help anymore. oh speaking of which here's your payment for the last three days." Soos hands over an envelope of cash to Robbie. "you feel free to stay here long as you need to feel better. I'm going to my office to deal with my papers." Soos turns and leaves the room.

Robbie flops into the sofa and stares at the black screen of the turned off television. "weird... I could have sworn last night was real... but if It was then how did I get all the way back to the shack?" he puzzles for a moment then he recalls the things he had encountered in the woods. "I thought that kind of stuff was bogus!? Wait a second..." his gaze shifts to the front room but in his mind he's picturing the hidden basement lab behind the big steel door. "maybe Dipper was right last summer... maybe this stuff is real? I need to get my hands on that journal!"

Robbie stands up and walks to the front room where Wendy is busy helping a costumer. He grabs the key from behind the desk and then makes his way over to the thick door to unlock it. as soon as the lock clicks Wendy turns and spots Robbie going through the door, but instead of yelling out to him in front of people she instead hurries to get the costumiers to leave. Once the shop is cleared out she flips the sign to closed and follows Robbie down stairs.

"here it is!" Robbie mumbles to himself having flipped through the three books looking for an explanation for the thing he saw last night. "Kill Billy..." Robbie mumbles scanning the page for any hint that guitar music would drive them away instead he discovers that no weakness is listed.