8:Untradeable Feast

Li Nianfan was sitting at the inner court with Blackie laying by his feet. Xiao Bai had built a grill in front of them. The body of the leopard had been cleaned up and gutted by then, and it was skewered on the grill above a charcoal fire. Meanwhile, Xiao Bai manned the skewer like a temporary professional chef.

Although Li Nianfan could do pretty much anything, he would not do the tiring work himself, especially since Xiao Bai had reached the most advanced level of Artificial-Intelligence. He had downloaded countless recipes into its system, so making a meal was not a challenge for it. In fact, its cooking skill was comparable to—if not at least a hundred times better than—a five-star Michelin chef from back in the Mortal Realm.

With a multifunctional robot like Xiao Bai, anyone could afford to be lazy. If not, he must be an idiot!

“Hello, is Mr. Li home?” A familiar voice resonated from outside.

Who would come during lunch time?

Li Nianfan opened the door to see two women standing outside. “Oh, look. It’s Miss Luo. Please, come in.”

Luo Shiyu introduced, “Mr. Li, this is my mother.”

“Hello, I’m Zhong Xiu. Sorry to disturb you without prior notice.” Zhong Xiu sized up Li Nianfan—just as Luo Shiyu said, Li Nianfan appeared to be a completely ordinary man.

Li Nianfan sized up Zhong Xiu, as well, and he could not help but be amazed. No wonder her daughter was so beautiful!

He opened the door and smiled, “You two came at the perfect time. The meal’s ready.”

Zhong Xiu nodded and followed him into the inner court. Right away, her eyes caught sight of Xiao Bai who was working diligently behind the grill. She seemed amused.

“Mum, this is Xiao Bai, the one I told you about. It’s very smart!” Luo Shiyu introduced as she waved at Xiao Bai. “Hello, Xiao Bai.”

“Hello, my beautiful lady. Please, allow me to prepare you a delicious feast. I’m sure you’ll like it.”

Li Nianfan was unsure whether it was just him or that Xiao Bai’s voice seemed more gentle and magnetic than usual.

Was he flirting with the ladies!?

As expected, Luo Shiyu giggled at its remark, while Zhong Xiu was flabbergasted.

Zhong Xiu was utterly stunned because she was way more knowledgeable than Luo Shiyu.

‘What kind of Spiritual Intelligent is this? It can cook and even communicate with people? Even the most precious treasure in the imperial court is nothing compared to this!’

In that instant, Zhong Xiu believed all the things her daughter said about this expert. At the same time, she also decided that it was by fate that they had the pleasure to meet with him. She knew for sure that she had to make befriend Li Nianfan.

“Please, have a seat. The meat’s almost ready. You ladies are in luck today,” Li Nianfan said smiling.

He looked at the leopard meat in anticipation. He had never eaten the meat of a leopard before, not even when he was back in the Mortal Realm. Before this, he had only seen leopards at the zoo, yet tonight, he was about to taste the meat of Leopard Monster! How rare!

“Is it delicious?” Luo Shiyu sniffed the air a little harder before her beautiful gaze locked onto the grill with a little doubt. As a Princess, she had tasted all kinds of refined food, but she could not tell what was so special about this meal.

Xiao Bai replied like a human. “I know you’re very pretty, but this isn’t an excuse for you to dismiss my culinary skills.”

Zhong Xiu did not seem particularly excited either. She could tell right away that this was the meat of a Leopard Monster, but this was not something new to her as she had it frequently. How delicious could this be?