23:His Words!

Chapter 23: His Words!

Bai Wuchen thought to himself bitterly, ‘Why didn’t I realize this earlier? I didn’t book this restaurant for him in advance and now that Lin Qingyun has done it before me, the expert’s pointing it out to me!’

Seeing that Bai Wuchen was sighing from time to time, Zhao Laotou listened to the story more attentively.

Meanwhile, Li Nianfan was at the part where Teacher Bodhi Zhu was teaching Wukong.

“Teacher Zhu said… I’m pleased that you’re destined to learn. Come closer and listen attentively as I teach the mystery of longevity to you.

“Wukong knelt and bowed sincerely…”

Destined?

Pleased?

Mystery of longevity?

Lin Qingyun, Bai Wuchen, and Zhao Laotou trembled upon hearing that. Their eyes flashed with excitement and shock.

Was he really going to tell them the mystery of longevity? They were convinced that the expert was teaching them through the words of Teacher Bodhi Zhu and implying to them that they were destined to be there. Especially Zhao Laotou who was approaching death soon. Hearing the words ‘mystery of longevity’, he held his breath in anticipation.

Meng Junliang’s grip on his pen tightened. He pursed his lips as he did not want to miss a word.

“Teacher Zhu said… The mystery of longevity is the way to cherish life. The Essence, Qi, and Spirit must always be vigorous. One must firmly hold on to the release of energy. The energy comes from within and hides in between. The prosperous preaching…”

Words of wisdom came from Li Nianfan. Like a morning bell, the words entered the ears of the audience along with the Basics of Wisdom. Some of their gazes were focused, as if in the middle of realizing something, while some remained emotionless.

Though the cultivators stiffened with shock, waves of ringing penetrated their brains.

Wisdom!

It was the wisdom of longevity!

Their scalps were itching and they had goosebumps all over their skin. The words were difficult to understand and they did not understand most of his saying, but they remembered every single word.

Vroom!

Layers of dark clouds hovered above the sky of the Fallen Immortal Town without warning. Lighting struck like a snake, slithering between the thick layers of clouds, turning the sky of the Fallen Immortal Town into dark grey color.

Pitter-patter!

Instantly, heavy rain fell from above. From afar, it seemed as if the Fallen Immortal Town was surrounded by a curtain made of rain!

The pedestrians ran in all directions looking for shelter, shocked by the sudden change in the sky. However, the people inside the restaurant were unaware of what was happening outside. Everyone listened to the story attentively.

By then, Wukong had learned many skills, from flying in the sky to going underground. He was able to make seventy-two transformations. Every transformation was skilled and impressive.

Bai Wuchen was fascinated. He exclaimed bitterly, “These skills are so much more powerful compared to our cultivation.”

“In comparison to them, we’re nothing!” Zhao Laotou added. He was no longer suspicious and he felt grateful for coming here with Bai Wuchen, or else he would have missed this blissful opportunity.