13:The Holy Emperor Is Impressed

Slowly, the skull condensed into a faint layer, lingering on the sword’s body. It could vanish anytime.

“What’s the matter!?” The skull was disappointed. It looked around in a daze.

“This, this is...a checkerboard?

“No, this isn’t an ordinary checkerboard. Could this be another Immortal Machine?

“Damn it!”

The skull called out in rage, “Is he really an ordinary man? I don’t care anymore. Once I gain control of this ordinary man, these will all belong to me!”

Though it had just suffered two consecutive blows, the skull was still confident at controlling this ordinary man. It cautiously went around the checkerboard. The door was not far from it.

One step at a time, the skull was getting closer and closer to the door.

Suddenly, a gold ray of light glared at him, forcing it back like an enchantment.

“What now?”

The skull knew it would not be easy to get through that door. It took a closer look and saw a bookshelf beside it with a yellowish book. Printed on it were two words in bold—Ranga Sutra.

Rays of gold light emitted from the surface of the book, its divine glow trapping the skull from leaving.

“This is...” The skull looked at the sutra in a daze. It seemed like an ordinary book!

However, the golden light transformed into the shape of a bald monk. When the monk saw the skull, his expression changed and he clasped his hands together. With a tone full of pity, he said, “Amitabha, the benefactor is too devilish. Why not put down your knife and take refuge in Buddha?”

“Who’re you kidding! I want to kill you!” The skull raised its hand and a ray of Sword Qi lashed at the monk’s head.

The monk’s expression changed again. He said coldly, “You’re making a fool of yourself! Heavenly Dragon, Blessed Jizo, Prajna Buddha, Prajba Makong!”

Instantly, the gold rays spread across the space. It sounded as if countless monks were chanting the scripture that drowned the Sword Demon completely. The golden rays lashed toward it, penetrating the Fallen Demon Sword. It did not take long before everything returned to normal.

Squeak!

Li Nianfan pushed the door open. “I’m sure I heard something coming from in here.” He glanced around the room and saw the Fallen Demon Sword leaning by the door. He halted slightly and mumbled, “Hmm, I remember putting it in the corner. Why’s it here now? What a treasure, it can even move!”

Li Nianfan smiled and placed the sword back in the corner once again.

“Treasure your arse! I’m rubbish compared to what you have in this room. Please, let me go!” the Demon Sword called out. However damned it might be, it already figured by now that Li Nianfan was not an ordinary man. He was likely some supernatural bigshot that came out to roleplay as an ordinary man.

“I was told that bigshots love using the world as their chessboard to play around. Have I become his chosen chess piece?” The Demon Sword trembled. “I don’t want to be your chess piece! Please, let me go! Also, get me out of here! These monks are driving me crazy with their chanting!”

Unfortunately, the sword was sealed by the monk so that it could not speak anymore.

Of course, Li Nianfan did not hear the cries of the Demon Sword. He was busy thinking about how the inner court lacked vitality. He thought he could plant something, but sadly, he did not manage to find a suitable plant when he was wandering around the forest earlier in the afternoon. Perhaps he could find an opportunity to ask Luo Shiyu. Since she was a cultivator, she should be able to bring some bonsai plants over. After all, he did make her dinner and gave her an amazing strategy, a bonsai plant was not too much to ask for, right? She seemed nice anyway. He hoped she would not reject.