19:The Answer

Chapter 19: The Answer

Seeing that Li Nianfan accepted the Sword Immortal Jade, a smile appeared on Bai Wuchen’s face.

This was a good beginning.

“Oh yeah, if a person has been frightened, possibly to the point of insanity, do you know if there’s any cure for that?” Li Nianfan asked as he thought of Nanan’s situation, thinking that the cultivators might have some ideas.

Hearing that Li Nianfan was asking them for help, the four of them did not dare to lose any second. They instantly gathered to brainstorm ideas, frowning in seriousness.

Lin Qingyun said, “Insanity is usually caused by the soul being hurt. I do know some medication for curing the soul. May I know what condition this person is in?”

“She’s a little girl who got terrified after being kidnapped by a monster,” Li Nianfan said.

“A little girl and an ordinary person.” Lin Qingyun shook her head. “If this is the case, it seems rather difficult. Her soul is too weak and isn’t suitable for this medication. If she were to take it, it might only worsen the situation.”

Bai Wuchen added, “This is likely to be caused by her inner state. Medication can only do little help working from the outside.”

They sighed inwardly. It was rare for the expert to ask them for help, yet they were not able to provide suitable solutions.

Lin Qingyun’s eyes sparkled a little. “I’ve got a Soul Curing Jade which could cure the soul if one wears it for a long time.”

“How long does it usually take?” Li Nianfan looked at her with anticipation.

Lin Qingyun explained, “Insanity is the hardest to cure. The shortest time would be about ten years, and the longest would be about twenty years.”

“Too slow,” Li Nianfan sighed. Ten years was way too long for a little girl.

“It seems that I’ll have to try it my way, though I’m not sure if it’s going to work,” he mumbled to himself.

The four of them trembled a little. Was the expert about to cure the girl himself?

It was not a surprise that an expert like him could cure a small problem like this. He simply did not bother to do it himself earlier.

“Mr. Li, I wonder if it’s alright for us to watch you while you cure her?” Lin Qingyun asked him with an anticipated look.

The three of them waited for his response, sharing the same look. Being able to observe the expert in action would be the greatest fortune one could ever get. If they could learn a little from him while watching, it would be adequate knowledge for a lifetime!

“You want to watch me helping the girl?” Li Nianfan paused before he smiled bitterly. “I’m just going to help her through ordinary means. Are you sure you want to watch?”

What? He could even cure insanity while he was in his ‘ordinary’ body? The four of them were even more stunned by what he just said, and they became even more determined to observe him.

“Alright, then. I was just about to go to town anyway,” Li Nianfan nodded hopelessly. He thought to himself, ‘The cultivators here in the Immortal Realm are not only friendly, but they also seem to be so bored that they’d follow an ordinary man like me around.’

Holding on to that thought, he called out, “Blackie, let’s go.” With that, Li Nianfan went down to the Fallen Immortal Town accompanied by the four of them.

When they arrived, Auntie Zhang and Nanan were hanging by the town’s entrance aimlessly. Auntie Zhang seemed depressed, wiping off her tears secretly while Nanan remained beside her with a blank expression. Quite a few children were surrounding her who were trying to speak to her and keep her company to help her get back to normal.