30:Experiencing The Law Of Nature

Chapter 30: Experiencing The Law Of Nature.

In the sky above the Wanjian Immortal Sect, an elderly man was standing on his Seven Star Sword, his long robes fluttering in the wind as he traveled in the sky.

With a proud smile on his face, he called out, “Bai Wuchen, your old mate is out of his retreat!” Zhao Shanhe smiled as he exuded his newfound energy of the Out of Aperture realm.

“Zhao Laotou, that was quick! You had a breakthrough already?” A strong Sword Qi rushed into the sky. Bai Wuchen appeared in front of Zhao Shanhe with his sword under his feet, too.

The cultivators had long lives. Typically, a short retreat would take at least ten years while longer ones would take a hundred years. If the retreat was for a breakthrough, it would take even longer.

Zhao Shanhe only took one month to retreat before he had a breakthrough! He stroked his beard and smiled, “I was nothing like you though. You had a breakthrough within a night.”

“That was because I was helped out by the expert.” Bai Wuchen sighed.

Zhao Shanhe nodded. “Yeah, the expert’s skills are beyond any of our imaginations. A slight Insight from him was enough for us to easily break through from Yuan Ying to Out of Aperture. He’s way beyond an Immortal.”

Bai Wuchen’s look became serious. He asked in a lowered voice, “Did you see the lightning today?”

“I came here because of that!” Zhao Shanhe’s look turned serious as well. “If I’m not mistaken, the location of the lightning was not far from the residence of the expert.”

Bai Wuchen nodded. “Exactly. As of now, many powerful forces have made their way over there, especially Monster Kings and cultivators.”

“I’m not so concerned about the transformed monster. I’m more worried about the expert being disturbed,” Zhao Shanhe frowned.

“I thought so, too.” Bai Wuchen looked at Zhao Shanhe and suggested, “Why don’t we go over there now? If someone is disturbing the expert…” A flash of harshness appeared in his eyes.

Zhao Shanhe said, “I agree! We owe so much to the expert. The first thing I wanted to do right after my retreat was to thank him.”

With that, the two of them took off with swords under their feet and disappeared into the sky.

Li Nianfan was carrying the woman on his back. Finally, they arrived at his four-part architecture.

“We’re home.” Li Nianfan smiled.

He gently placed the woman on the bed and checked her pulse. Eventually, his brows tightened. He had assumed the woman was severely injured, but he did not expect it to be this severe!

On the surface, she seemed alright. However, her lifeline had been broken. If this happened to ordinary people, the person would have died a long time ago. This woman was lucky to have survived, buying him some time to save her.

Watching the pale face of the woman, a wave of strange anger arose from within. He growled, “So what if they’re powerful? Does that mean they can ruin lives? Bastards!”

He recalled how he was so terrified inside the cave and he got more agitated. ‘If I wasn’t an ordinary man, I would’ve made you all pay!’ Li Nianfan thought.

Seeing Li Nianfan angered on her behalf, a faint sparkle appeared in her eyes. She said softly, “I’ll be fine.”

“You’re so severely injured. How’re you going to be fine?” Li Nianfan said in despair. “Oh, right. I’m Li Nianfan. May I know your name?”