42:A Cup of Tea, An Enlightenment

Chapter 42: A Cup of Tea, An Enlightenment

Qin Manyun looked at the Holy Emperor. “Luo Emperor, this is your territory after all. I came here on behalf of my master in hopes that you’ll help us look for the nine-tailed fox. The Linxian Palace would thank you sincerely.”

The Holy Emperor was caught off guard!

Thank your mom!

‘I have not wronged you. Why are you pushing me into the fire pit?’

Stealing the nine-tailed fox from the expert? He did not dare to even think about it!

“Could you tell me why you’re looking for the nine-tailed fox?” the Holy Emperor could not help asking.

After a moment of thought, Qin Manyun said, “Don’t worry, Luo Emperor. We don’t have any ill intent toward the nine-tailed fox nor do we intend on hurting her. The nine-tailed fox is a very rare species. Now that it has transformed into a human, it has a huge potential in becoming an Immortal. We only wish to invite her to join our Linxian Palace. We’re willing to train and support her with all of our resources in hopes that she’ll be able to cultivate immortality.”

“Phew…”

The Holy Emperor let out a sigh. If Qin Manyun came with ill intentions, he would have asked her to leave right away. He did not even care if that would offend the Linxian Palace! Now that Daji belonged to the expert, the Holy Emperor would not hesitate to make anyone that came with ill intentions the enemy of the Ganlong Immortal Dynasty, even if it was the most powerful man!

Right now, the Holy Emperor only wanted to be a loyal dog.

Seeing that the Holy Emperor did not speak, Qin Manyun continued, “Luo Emperor, it’s difficult becoming an Immortal. Now that the bridge between mortal and immortal has been broken, no one in our entire Cultivation Realm has managed to become an Immortal for a thousand years. The appearance of this nine-tailed fox is the most important key for us!”

Her tone was sincere and eager.

“Don’t worry, Miss Qin. I’ll do my best,” the Holy Emperor nodded to agree.

‘The bridge between mortal and immortal has been broken? No way! A powerful bigshot is residing in my Ganlong Immortal Dynasty! More amazing than the Immortals!

‘And the nine-tailed fox is right by his side. If I told you, would you dare go after it?’ the Holy Emperor was complaining in his heart.

Qin Manyun frowned slightly. She felt like the Holy Emperor was acting strange.

Why was that? It was a nine-tailed fox. Why did he seem uninterested? Was he refusing to help the Linxian Palace?

She continued to persuade him. “Luo Emperor, the Silver Moon Demon King is looking for the nine-tailed fox as well. If they find her first, they might ingest her core. Then, the nine-tailed fox would really go extinct. We have to take fast action.”

“Don’t worry, Miss Qin. I’ll make sure that the nine-tailed fox is safe,” the Holy Emperor said with a serious tone.

Meanwhile, he was laughing inside his heart. What was there to be afraid of? Li Nianfan would easily crush this Silver Moon Demon King without breaking a sweat!

Meanwhile, Zhong Xiu was looking around in the deeper end of the Treasure Vault. She frowned at the empty vault. This was supposed to be where all the elixirs and spiritual herbs were kept. Although she knew that they had given all the best elixirs to Li Nianfan, she still was not used to looking at the empty vault.

‘I hope Mr. Li will give us some blessings and turn the Ganlong Immortal Dynasty prosperous,’ Zhong Xiu said in her heart.

For a bigshot like him, even a speck of dust from the gap between his fingers would be a great opportunity to all the cultivators.