32:Another Hint

Chapter 32: Another Hint

Upon entering the room, they saw a woman lying on the bed right away. His first reaction was amazement, and the next reaction was shock!

A transformed monster!

She was the transformed monster!

Although she had transformed into a human form, her monster Qi had not completely dissipated, thus it was easy to tell.

Right. It happened near where Mr. Li lived. Of course, he would have helped out! He said he saved a person who was hurt by the lightning, so he probably meant the transformed monster! Who would have thought that the most-discussed and sought-after transformed monster was currently being kept with Mr. Li? The hunters were destined to return empty-handed.

Daji smiled happily upon seeing Li Nianfan. However, when she saw the cultivators following behind him, her pale face turned paler with fear.

“Be careful, Mr. Li,” Daji hastily pulled Li Nianfan toward her in a panic.

“What’s wrong?” Li Nianfan paused slightly. He looked at Bai Wuchen and the rest suspiciously. “She seems to be afraid of you all. Why is that?”

“Mr. Li, this must be a misunderstanding. This woman must’ve been terrified by the lightning, that’s why she seems defensive,” the Holy Emperor covered up with a very forced yet friendly smile.

Bai Wuchen helped, explaining, “Madam, we’re friends of Mr. Li. We’re good people, you may rest assured.”

“Yeah, we’re good people. We won’t harm you and we won’t harm Mr. Li, either,” Zhao Shanhe nodded in agreement.

They were afraid of causing any misunderstandings. If Mr. Li was made to think that they were here to capture the transformed monster, it would be over.

They reassured Daji sincerely, almost making an oath.

Li Nianfan was unperturbed. He smiled. “That’s right, they’re not bad people. My Daji, please, drink this though it’s quite bitter.”

Daji glanced at the visitors cautiously and still pulled Li Nianfan closer to her. Then, parting her small lips slightly, she took a sip.

The medicine was bitter, but her lips curled into a sweet smile. Although she only had one more month to live, she was pleased and satisfied that she was able to be with Li Nianfan.

She thought she was drinking an ordinary medicine broth and did not expect anything out of it. However, in the next instant, her expression changed a little and a shocking look appeared in her beautiful eyes.

What…what was happening?

She felt the injuries within her starting to recover mysteriously.

But…how could that be?

With the strength of the lightning, it was enough to destroy all of her strength and energy. Even her lifeline had been completely destroyed, leaving her like a dried out piece of wood. However, she felt a hint of liveliness within her.

This medicine…could change fate?

She looked at Li Nianfan in shock. This was the first time she realized that the ordinary man she had a crush on for so long…was not ordinary at all!

“What’s the matter? Is it too bitter?” Li Nianfan asked.

Daji shook her head and focused on drinking the medicine. Upon stomaching the medicine broth, her already dead lifeline seemed to show signs of recovery. The revival of her liveliness seemed to reappear.