thirty-one

well... it's been a while. season 3 absolutely killed me and season 4 killed me again with the small cameo of Billy...

I also think that as the seasons go by, more inspiration comes to me. so let me know if you just want the book continued or a series by the season type thing!!

let's begin again, shall we?

Arabella's POV

To put up a facade that Billy and I had not gone through an unbelievable adventure together over the past few days, we arrived to school and he asked me if I would be okay getting out of the car a bit further from the parking lot so we wouldn't look suspicious. I found the request to be odd, but went along anyway. Billy and I had gone through the school day as if nothing other-dimensional had happened. We both stuck to our own friend groups, kept a public distance, and occasionally made eye contact.

I originally planned to go say "hi" to Billy when I saw him at his locker on my way to class, but decided against it as my eyes landed on Tommy who was storytelling to Billy about the girl he supposedly 'railed' over the weekend. I figured it was just one of those Billy topics that he liked to talk about and I failed to comprehend, so I continued on to class.

As I finished shoving textbooks into my locker, I walked out to the gravel parking lot, attempting to spot my ride home. Steve has yet to return home from babysitting the kids which left me to continuously try to convince my parents that he's still with Nancy at her house. This left me with two options: a ride from Billy or a two mile walk.

Spotting the grumpy Billy leaning against his camaro, I walked over and gave him the biggest smile I could muster. Surprisingly, Billy's frown didn't move, but his eyebrows creased slightly more and his stare got harder. I only had a few more steps till I was close to him, but my feet halted as his hand discreetly made a waving motion as if to shoo me away.

"Billy?" I took two more steps toward him, but was stopped in my tracks again as he aggressively pushed off of his car and beelined his way to Max who was quickly walking over. I watched as he muttered something threatening to her and pushed her toward the passenger side of the car. He walked back to the driver side of the car, where I was only a few steps away, and looked around before grabbing my arm.

"If you want a ride, I can pick you up a block down the street." Billy muttered under his breath. His eyes continued to rake our surroundings, checking to see who was watching our interaction.

"A block down the street? Why can't I just get in right now?" I asked. Wiggling my arm out of his grasp, I crossed them over my chest and looked up at him curiously. He's acting weird.

"I just... think it would be better if I picked you up a little farther away." Billy warily watched me as I walked around to the passenger side of the door. Max had moved to the back seat, assuming I would be given a ride as well.  "Bella-". Billy's face hardened as he kept watch around us.

"Billy, c'mon... what's the big deal? Why can't I just get in the car?" I watched with nervous eyes as he got increasingly frustrated.

"Just meet me a block away and I'll pick you up! It's not that difficult." Billy's words came out harsh, adding tension to the air. He raked a hand through his hair and let out an irritated huff of annoyance.

"That's more trouble for the both of us, though

"That's more trouble for the both of us, though. I have to walk a block down the road and you have to stop driving to get me! Why won't you let me in right now?" I was genuinely confused.

"Forget it." Billy yanked open his door.

"What?" I asked in pure confusion as I uncrossed my arms.

"Forget it! If I'd known you'd be such a brat about it I wouldn't have even offered you a ride. Guess you're stuck walking." Billy climbed into his seat and revved the engine, swerving out of the parking spot. I stumbled back and watched as he sped down the road. Faint laughs caught my attention and I spotted Tommy and Carol looking in my direction. I let out a sigh and started on my walk home.

During my walk home, I took the time to think about what I've done that could've made Billy so upset with me. Surely he didn't change his mind that quickly about wanting more attention from me or wanting to spend more time with me. I mean, he seemed perfectly happy to see me this morning when he picked me up. I don't know, maybe I should've just walked down the block and let him pick me up there. At least that way I wouldn't be walking home.

updates should hopefully be slightly more quick as i am out of school for the summer

-blazingdemon