twenty-nine

shoutout to @JamieLynn28 for making this beautiful amazing new cover for this story! i absolutely love it, thank you!!

"Listen, tiny harrington. If you want to take this slow, that's fine. But you can't expect me to be perfectly happy with this little bit of attention you've been giving me. Whether it means letting me pick you up for school every day or getting chased by some kind of demon ass monster dogs, I want more. And I get what I want, baby."....

Billy's words rang through my head as we walked down the side of the road, making me blush at the thought of the handsome man next to me.

I started to reach for his hand, but before I could grab it, he broke out into a run.

"Billy?" I watched as he ran toward the pumpkin patch up ahead. "Billy! What are you doing-". I stopped talking as I spotted what he was running towards.

Billy's blue camaro, slightly scratched up on the sides from the previous unlicensed drivers, sat in the middle of the rotting pumpkin patch. I picked up my pace and reached the car not long after Billy, who seemed to be seething with anger as he ran his fingers over the scratched blue paint.

"I'm gonna kill those bastards!!" Billy yelled as his fist came down against the hood of the car. He paced in circles around the car to see if any more damage had been done, raking a hand through his curls as he stopped by the passenger side. I had stood a few feet away to give him space during his fit of rage, but I was slowly moving closer as he calmed down.

He took notice of my nervous behavior.

"Hey." I flinched lightly as his words came out harsher than he probably intended. Slowly looking up at him, he watched me with furrowed eyebrows, his anger leaving him quickly. Billy opened his mouth, wanting to say something but not knowing what. Choosing not to say anything, he stuffed one hand in his pocket and opened the passenger door, gesturing for me to get in. I sat down in the seat and watched as Billy walked to the drivers side.

The engine revved and before I knew it, we were speeding down the road trying to figure out where we were. It felt like forever as I watched the trees pass by in blurs, neither of us talking. Billy kept glancing at me, but only watched as I fiddled with the hem of my skirt.

Billy took one hand off of the wheel and laid it palm up on my thigh, his eyes curiously glancing to see if I would take it. I smiled softly and laced my fingers through his.

"What's wrong?"  Billy looked slightly uncomfortable as he asked me the question, but nonetheless, was checking to make sure I was okay.

"Nothing." I gently answered, tracing the bones in his hands with my finger. His hand gave a soft warning squeeze and his eyebrows raised at my answer.

Billy let out a sigh and shifted in his seat. "C'mon, what did I do?"

"Nothing, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm fine, I promise." I giggled slightly at the end at how concerned he seemed.

"Oh yeah?" Billy seemed to know where we were and turned into a different neighborhood. He smirked over at me as I nodded, but quickly dropped it from his lips. "I scared you, didn't I? When I was yelling?"

"No-" Another gentle warning squeeze from Billy. "Okay! Maybe just a little." I focused my attention on his long tanned fingers.

Billy let out a huff and tightened his grip on the steering wheel. "Well, shit." He moved his hand out of mine and laid it on my knee, his thumb tracing small circles. "Didn't mean to, sweetheart...".

I could tell Billy felt slightly guilty, but didn't know what else to say.

"Like I said, I'm fine now." I gave him a soft smile and wrapped my fingers around his thumb to stop his nervous rubbing. He moved our hands over to his mouth and laid a kiss on my knuckles. 

"I just wanna see you smile." Billy said as he glanced over at me and I put on a big grin for him. He chuckled and laid another kiss on my hand. "You're too fucking adorable."

-blazingdemon