twenty-one

After I had left Billy with the idea that I was now hallucinating, I directed Jonathan in the direction of the woods where I found the tree/tunnel.

We got out of his car and I led us to the exact tree. Jonathan sucked in a sharp breath at the sight.

"She's in there...". Jonathan nodded slightly and kneeled down to get a better look.

"You said you actually went through here?" I nodded, kneeling down next to him. 

We both snapped our heads in the direction of the road, the sound of a slamming car door catching our attention.  Jonathan helped me up from my kneeling position and we stared ahead to see who was approaching.  I immediately knew who it was.

Billy exhaled from his cigarette as he stood four or five feet away from us.

"Billy, what are you doing here?"  His cold glare was aimed at Jonathan.

"Seeing what princess and the freak were up to."  I could feel tension rising between the two boys as Billy insulted Jonathan.

I gave Jonathan an apologetic look and went to talk to Billy privately. 

"Seriously?"  My tone sounded very annoyed as I rolled my eyes at Billy.  He blew the smoke from his lips and licked them.  "What are you really doing here?"  It was Billy's turn to roll his eyes.

"I'm making sure that creep doesn't try anything." Billy obnoxiously chewed on a piece of gum as he stomped on the cigarette with his boot.

"It's Jonathan. He's harmless!" I waved my arms in the air to show emphasis.

What sounded like a howl, or multiple howls, made us all go still. I looked behind me to see Jonathan shining his flashlight in the area surrounding us.

"I don't see anything, but I think we should leave." Billy put his hand on the small of my back and aggressively, yet somehow gently, led me to his car.

"But what about Barb?!" The whole point of coming here was to get Barb out of the tree, and now we're leaving... without her.

"Bella, we can come back tomorrow when it's daytime. Right now, I don't think it's safe to be here." Jonathan quickly got into his car after saying a quick goodbye. Billy got me to sit down in the passenger seat of the Camaro and he got into the drivers side.

"Am I just taking you home, babe?" I nodded and looked out of the window, imagining that Barb was sitting in the back seat and that we were on the way to take her home.

"Billy?" He made a sound of acknowledgement and slightly glanced at me. "What do you think was howling back there?" I had grabbed his free hand and started to fiddle with the rings on his fingers.

"Probably just some wolves. You weren't scared were you, princess?" He smirked down at my hand that was still fiddling with his fingers.

"Of course not. I just don't want to be eaten." I pouted my lips as Billy chuckled.

"Not even by me?" Billy licked his lips as he waited to see if I understood what he meant. I didn't.

"Billy, that's cannibalism." I said it with a straight face causing him to laugh.

***

Billy had dropped me off at my house and my mind wandered as to why Billy would want to eat me. I mean, I cant taste that good, can I?

Billy, a cannibal. Who would've thought?

Okay, I'm really excited for what's going to happen in the next few chapters. Probably in about ten chapters or less the book will be coming to a close.

-blazingdemon