eight

"I live here." He nodded toward the house behind me.

My eyes widened a bit in realization but I quickly shook my head and nervously laughed as he got out of the car.

"You live here?"  My arm outstretched and pointed at the house.

"That's right, Harrington.  Reason you're standing outside my house?"  I swallowed and shook my head.

"Just looking for Barb..." I looked down at my feet and started to walk away. He huffed a sigh as I turned.

"You can't look for her forever, you know."  I glanced back at him as he smirked at me.

"I can try."  Billy laughed at me as my lips formed a pout.

"Well, tell me when you give up. Maybe I can show you what it's like to actually do something with your life."  He lit a cigarette and walked to his front door.  Pausing, he turned back to me and furrowed his eyebrows, eyes raking over me, before another smirk pulled at his lips.  "You're cute."  With that said, he walked into his house, slamming the door shut.

A look of confusion crossed over my features as I started to walk. Cute?  I was not cute!  If anything, I was fierce... and brave!

I finally made it home and to my room without getting questioned by my father. Laying down on my bed, I thought over what had happened today.

First, Barb's mom knew nothing of her daughter's disappearance and thought she was with us. Second, Nancy didn't know Barb was missing and wasn't willing to help look for her. Third, I was told by Billy that one day he'll show me what to do with my life and that I'm cute.

You're cute.

What does he mean by that? Does he have a crush on me? Or do I just remind him of a child? Oh my goodness...

Does Billy Hargrove like me?

-blazingdemon