thirteen

After Billy had been taken into the principle's office, I stood by his car and waited for him.  During the time waiting, Max skated up and looked confused.

"Where's Billy?"  Her skateboard was now in her hand as she looked inside the car.

"He, um, got in a fight. Now he's with the principle...". Max looked annoyed at me and glanced behind her shoulder.

"If he asks where I am, tell him I went home." I nodded and watched her walk over to Nancy's brother and his friends.

***
It had been almost a half hour before Billy came out the front doors. His eyes made contact with mine as he walked over.

"Why are you still here?" His voice was raspy as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a cigarette.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay." He exhaled the smoke and eyed me.

"I'm fine, you can leave now." My eyes widened at his careless response.

"Why are you so mean all of sudden?!  I was just trying to be nice and-". Billy's lips were roughly placed against mine, his hands holding my head in place, cigarette long forgotten on the ground.  My hands found themselves gently resting on his chest.

I gasped as he pulled away and smirked.

"You're just too damn innocent." His damaged hand carefully moved some strands of hair behind my ear, then rested on my neck. He chuckled slightly at my wide eyes before leaning in again. This time, my hands found his soft, curly hair.

The kiss was chaste and quickly over. Billy smiled at me before opening the passenger door. "Would you like a ride home, doll face?" I nodded my head and got in the car, muttering a thanks. "I have to wait for Max...". He looked annoyed as he gripped the steering wheel.

"Oh, she went home already." Billy looked at me confused before shrugging.

***
The car ride home was awkward yet comfortable. I didn't know how to react after his sudden approach.

"So, sweetheart, what do you say? Date with me this Saturday?" I blushed slightly and looked over to him, his lips curved upwards in a grin.

"I'd love to." Billy looked satisfied with himself and pulled up in my driveway. "Billy, maybe you should come inside so I can bandage your hand. It looks pretty bad." The blood was dried and visible bruises around the knuckles and joints were forming.

"Like I said, I'm fine. I'll see you tomorrow, princess."

-blazingdemon