four

The game of truth or dare had been going on for at least half an hour and everyone except me had gone twice. No one had asked me 'truth or dare' yet, let alone looked at me.

"I'm going to the bathroom...". I whispered to Nancy and got up to leave.

"Hold on there, tiny Harrington. What are you doing here?" I had just made it to the bathroom before I was pulled away. The familiar scent of cigarette smoke filled my nose along with strong cologne and beer.

"W-what?" Billy's grip on my arm loosened a bit before he replied.

"What are you doing here? This is a party." He blew a puff of smoke in my face.

"I know. I just-"

"Just what? Maybe you should go home, sweetheart. It doesn't look like parties are your thing." Billy smirked as he eyed my outfit which consisted of my oversized striped sweater under an overall dress. A hint of mockery in his tone stuck out to me.

He was making fun of me...

A small frown settled upon my lips as the thought came to me. I didn't like to be made fun of.

"O-okay...". Billy looked a bit confused yet satisfied when I backed away to go downstairs.

"I'm going to the car." I leaned over Steve's shoulder and whispered to him. He nodded in response and I walked to the car alone.

Barb was sitting in the car asleep with her head against the window. It was pretty dark outside and besides the booming house, there were no signs of life.

Barb had parked her car along the edge of the forest and I was getting the creeps. I couldn't really see my surroundings clearly other than the house, but that was a good fifty feet away.

I jumped at the sound of a tap against the glass. It was as if a pebble had hit the windshield. I paused for a moment, my hair standing on end.

"Barb...". I whispered her name and shook her slightly. "Barb, wake up." She mumbled something incoherent and fell asleep again.

Two more taps were heard at the window. I was very uncomfortable now and was tempted to go back inside, but too afraid to leave the safety of the car.

My hand was pushing at Barb to wake her up as I kept an eye on my surroundings.

"What are you doing?...". Barb had woken up and was rubbing her eyes. I put my hand up to silence her and listened for the taps.

They didn't come.

"Look, I'll just drop you off at your house. You seem a little paranoid about something. Steve and Nancy can get a ride on their own." Barb started the car and I had never been more thankful for anything.

After a few miles, a sudden jolt made Barb and I both gasp as the car slowed down to a stop.

"That's weird, I have a full tank." My eyebrows furrowed as I was confused. "Let me check outside." I nodded my head and waited for her to get back inside the car and tell me what was wrong.

It had been five minutes and Barb wasn't back in the car. I opened my door slightly.

"Barb?" I peeked my head out to find no one there. Where did she go? "Barb, where are you? Barb!"

There was no sign of her.

-blazingdemon