fourteen

After Billy dropped me off, I went to my room to think. Billy kissed me, and now on Saturday, I'm going on a date with him.

With all the thoughts on Billy, I hadn't had much time to think about Barb.  There hadn't been any sign of her and I was starting to think it was time to file a report.

***
Friday, after school, I had told Steve I was going to a friends house, and instead made my way to the sidewalk to go to the police department.

"Need a ride home, doll face?"  I looked behind me to see Billy leaning against his car.

"Um, not home. To the police department."  Billy furrowed his eyebrows at me before exhaling smoke from his cigarette.

"What the hell do you need the police for?"  Ignoring his question, I opened the passenger door and climbed in.  He did the same, but didn't start the engine.

  He did the same, but didn't start the engine

"Are you gonna drive?"

"Not until you tell me what you're going there for."  I sighed, starting to get annoyed.

"I'm filing a missing persons report."  Billy looked extremely confused.

"Wha- for who?!"

"Barb...". Billy inhaled deeply, his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Bella, how long has this been going on?  You haven't seen her since that night! Don't you think she's... dead?"  My mouth dropped open slightly and I reached for the door handle.

I got out of the car and quickly walked along the sidewalk.  Billy immediately drove his car next to me.

"Get back in the car!"

"No!"

"Bella, I'll take you there, just get back in the car!" I sighed and irritated as I was, got back in the car.

We drove in silence until we reached the building.  The two of us got out and made our way inside.

"Hi, I'd like to file a missing persons report."

-blazingdemon