Dirty Little Secrets

My parents would never give up. They won't stop looking for me. Before we left Santa Carla I guess my mom slipped a note into my jacket before I ran away for the second time. It read:
Dear Sylvia,
I know you were going to run away again with those boys. I'm personally happy for you that you found love. I really, really am. It's your father who doesn't want to let go. He's the one who told the police you were 16. He made me go along with it. I wrote you this note because I wanted you to know, I didn't want this. I tried to stop him but he wouldn't until you were back home. I love you so much and I hope your happy. Don't worry, I'll stop your father.
Love, Mom
I wasn't surprised that it was my father this whole time. My mom would never do anything like this. My dad would, he's very controlling. I haven't told the guys about it yet but I wasn't sure if I wanted to. I knew one thing though, I had to protect my mom. I swear if he hurts her, I will kill him. I don't care how much it will hurt me, he won't lay a hand on her. I needed to tell Dwayne before it's too late. I walked up to Dwayne and said "Dwayne, I need to talk to you." I brought him over to a corner of the cave. "What's wrong?" He asked. "My dad set us up." I said. "What?" He replied. "My dad told the police I was 16, that's why I had to go with my parents that night. My mom had nothing to do with it. We need to go back." I said. "We can't go back, it's too risky. We could lose you forever." I knew that. But this was something that could mean life or death for my mom. My dad can be very dangerous. He has a very bad temper.
I usually tell the guys everything, but there's one secret that I will keep with me for the rest of my life.