Chapter 18 - You Look Awkward

"That's was the hardest Gym lesson ever." I grumbled as me, Ava and Missy walked to our next (and thankfully last) class which, funnily enough, we all had together.

"My whole body is aching!" Missy whined and Ava scoffed.

"I feel just fine, since I regularly work out, unlike some people." She boasted, eyeing Missy. This time I scoffed.

Weren't you the one panting after finishing those laps and gulping down water while Missy looked perfectly fine?

"Well, that's great! I heard the fit ones will live the longest." Missy stated, winking at Ava playfully, completely brushing off the insult.

"Coach told us on Friday, so yeah, I'm aware." Ava said rudely and sauntered off to her other friends, waving at me as she left.

Missy sighed, looking quite upset, but when she saw me looking at her she perked up.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked gently, and she beamed at me, but it seemed a bit forced.

"What's there to talk about?" She chirped, and I sighed, patting her shoulder.

"If you ever want to, just ask." I told her, just as we arrived at our class. She opened her mouth to say something but the teacher interrupted her to tell us to settle down.

Ava motioned at the empty seat, basically telling me to ditch Missy and sit with her. I looked at Missy who smiled sadly and nodded, sitting next to one of her other friends.

I sat next to Ava and grinned at her when she passed me some haribos under the table.

Thankfully we were sitting at the back so the teacher couldn't see me as I greedily crammed some into my mouth, keeping my head low and pretending to look in my bag as I chewed the sugary goodness.

"Hey, do you have any Skittles or chocolate there?" I asked casually, and Ava looked at me.

"What do I look like, a candy shop?" She joked.

"Yes! That one's the right answer!" I heard Missy answer and glanced at her to see her pointing at the board and grinning. Ava rolled her eyes.

"I swear, she's such a goody-two-shoes and teacher's pet, always kissing up." She muttered to me, and instead of agreeing and I glared at her.

"What is your problem with her?" I asked, trying to sound like I didn't really care, but I did.

"Remember, she stole my boyfriend!" I shook my head.

"No, there must be more to that story. I mean, how long ago was that, three, two years? I haven't known you for long but I know you're not the type of person that holds grudges. What happened?" I asked gently. I knew I was getting a bit too personal because Ava looked like she was about to break her pen.

"Just drop it, okay?" She shouted-whispered and I nodded, keeping silent. My motto was:

Treat people how you want to be treated.

Well, one of them. You can have more than one, right? Well, if you can't I can because I'm awesome like that.

Anyway, I sometimes lived by that motto. I mean, if someone kept on asking questions about my dad, I'd end up snapping at screaming at them. So, I knew I shouldn't ask too much about Ava and Missy's relationship, because that would be wrong.

But I was going to find out somehow.

****

"Hey guys." Hannah greeted once me and Ava walked into our dorm. The lessons were finally over, and we had our free-time to do whatever we wanted, but we had to be in bed by nine.