Chapter 24 - Detention With Boys (Part 2)

"What, no hi?" I chuckled nervously, but Nathan just glared at me.

I glanced behind him at Daniel who shrugged and mouthed, 'I didn't know'. I rolled my eyes at him.

Nathan didn't say anything; he just grabbed my wrist and started pulling me towards the door.

"And where do you think you're going?" Our teacher asked. Nathan just ignored her, rolling his eyes and pulled me outside.

"Come back here this instant!" Our teacher shouted, but Nathan just walked quicker down the hallway.

Why can't our teachers be like the ones in movies who were always asleep or 'went to the bathroom' but instead went home?

Soon we stopped walking and he pulled us into... The janitors' closet.

"Why is it always the janitors' closet?" I groaned. "Let the poor man clean in peace!"

I saw Nathan's lips twitch into a smile but he quickly masked it with his cold glare. He crossed his arms.

"Why did you lie about your name?" He asked bluntly.

"I'm surprised you didn't find out by now." I said, smirking. "I mean, I am the talk of the school."

"Gra- Unique." He said warningly.

"Technically, I didn't lie, because Grace is my middle name..."

"And how many people call you Grace?!" He exclaimed. I shrugged, counting of my fingers.

"You, my mum... That's pretty much it." I replied and he sighed impatiently.

"Can you just tell me while you lied?"

I sighed. "Okay, fine. When I was younger I used to be teased a lot because I was called 'Unique'. They'd say stuff like, 'there's nothing unique about you', thinking they were smart." I said, snorting unattractively at the thought.

"Then when they found out my dad left us, the teasing turned into bullying and became worse." I looked away, not wanting him to see tears in my eyes.

"They would say things like, 'you think you're unique. If you're so special, why did your dad leave?' Or 'he probably left because you're not unique enough. He made a mistake by naming you that' and other horrible things. I guess, because it's a new school I wanted things to be different." I explained and sniffed.

"What you think about me... It means a lot." I looked at him boldly now, not caring that I was practically saying I liked him.

"So, I wanted to make a good impression. And I guess the first way to start was with a normal name." I finished, looking at the ground shyly.

Phew. Felt good to get that off my chest.

"Well, you didn't have to lie. I'd like you anyway." Nathan said, smiling shyly. I could feel my cheeks warming up slightly and I prayed I wasn't a tomato.

Suddenly, Nathan started to lean forward. I did as well, titling my head to the side and closing my eyes. His breath was fanning on my face.

Our lips brushed slightly, when they door suddenly opened. We both jumped apart in shock and looked at the entrance.

There, standing there, was Mr Scizilburg.

The Janitor.

He look surprised, but then he slowly smirked. "So, you finally got that courage to make a move, eh Nathan?"

"If it was even possible, Nathan turned redder. "Uh, yeah, Mr Scizilburg."

"Aye, alright, I'll leave you two lovebirds in peace." He said, winking at Nathan then closing the door. I looked at Nathan slowly.

"So, um, we should get back." I said awkwardly. He nodded.

"Uh, yeah. After you." He said, and his hands swept upwards...

Hitting my butt.

I turned in shock and saw him looking shocked himself.

"Sorry, sorry sorry!" He exclaimed and I just gave him a small smile, walking out.

I heard some footsteps behind me and I turned around to see Hannah standing there, give me a cold glare. I nudged Nathan but by the time he looked, she was gone.

****

We were only gone for like, 20 minutes. But when we came back, the teacher was gone and spinning in her chair was Missy.

"Woo! Oh no, wait I'm getting dizzy.." She stopped spinning, holding her stomach and I chuckled.

"You're so... Immature." I laughed. She grinned at me.

"That's the word boring people use to describe fun people." She retorted and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not boring... That's just the word your type made up for us."

"So, what were you doing with Lover Boy over there?" Missy asked, chanign the subject. I sat down, looking away shyly.

"Yeah. What were you doing, Unique?" A voice asked coldly. I looked up to see Daniel smiling playfully, but his eyes told a different story. I glanced at Nathan to see him glaring at Daniel.

"That awkward moment when you're in a room with two guys who like you." Missy mumbled to me, and I looked at her confused.

"Daniel doesn't like me. We met, about a week ago." I said. (*SHMONEY*)

"Oh, really?" Missy said. "Then why are they glaring at each other like that?"

I looked to see them having a staring, or should I say glaring match with each other. I rolled my eyes, sighing.

"What happened to the teacher anyway?" I asked Missy and she grinned.

"She, 'went to the bathroom'." Missy replied, using air quotes and giving me a knowing look. I smiled.

So we did have teachers like that.

Suddenly, the door opened and we all looked to see our teacher standing there with her hands on her hips, smirking.

So, she actually didn't leave, and we spent the next forty-five minutes sitting in silence behind our desks. But all I could think about was Hannah. She'd seen us, what did that mean?

"Miss Williams? Miss Williams?" The teacher suddenly called and I looked up.

"Yes?"

"You need to go to the hospital now. There's been an accident."

****

HEY!!

Sorry about the wait and short-ish chapter!! But that cliffhanger doe ;D

Who do you think got into an accident? What happened?

And what about Nathan and Unique, eh? Any shippers out there??

Guess Daniel doesn't ship them... ;)

SO, today is officially the deadline for the Wattys thing... Does that mean I can't enter my book anymore or... 

Anyway, VOTE AND COMMENT LIKE CRAZY PLEASE!!

LOVE YA'LL! BYE!! ;D