Chapter 20 - The Spider Prank

I walked back into the cafeteria, grabbing my tray or half-eaten food and started walking to the bin to dump it there. But I don't think I was looking where I was going, because before I knew it I bumped into someone and my food was all over their shirt.

"Whoops." I said, smirking a bit at Jessica who had gone red.

"You." She hissed. "You will pay." Then she grabbed some of the food on her blouse and smeared it all over my blazer. I gritted my teeth, glaring at her as she walked away. I grabbed a random hard-looking loath of bread and hurled it her, grinning when I heard it hit something and an 'Argh!' from her.

Unique: 1 Jessica: 0

****

I was in my dorm room, looking through my suitcase full of the things I wasn't bothered to unpack. I found a crumbly piece of paper and after straightening it out, I looked at what is said.

PEOPLE WHO MIGHT POSSIBLY HATE ME

Santa, (I haven't been so good lately!)

Mum,

I smiled a bit, remembering when I wrote it. I grabbed a pen on the desk near me and crossed out 'mum'. No matter how rude she was I knew she still loved me and I loved her as well.

I also crossed out Santa. I only wrote it because of Cece, who suggested it. Then I wrote down Jessica, frowned a bit and wrote Hannah as well.

But why?

What did Hannah have against me being with Nathan? Was she a jealous ex-girlfriend?

The thought made me shudder. Nothing worse than jealous ex-girlfriends.

"You have a death wish." Ava stated as she barged into the room, making me jump a bit. I laughed slightly.

"No, not really." I replied and she shook her head.

"I suggest you sleep with one eye open tonight, and well, for the rest of the year, Unique." She joked. I think.

I smiled slightly, not taking her seriously, not knowing I would regret it later on.

*****

I woke up to something crawling on my arm. I shrugged it off, knowing it was my hair. But my hair didn't move. It didn't feel like it had legs.

I opened my eyes, turning my lamp on and nearly had a heart-attack.

Spiders.

Everywhere.

Crawling over the bookshelves, the floor, the walls, some dangling off the ceiling, some on Ava and Hannah.

I looked over at my arm, afraid of what I would see.

There, getting comfortable on my arm was the biggest spider I'd ever seen.

I screamed.

You see, insects were the things I hated the most. Especially spiders. I didn't have a good history with them, at all.

It was summer and my mum had let me change the attic into a bright, pink room for my 12th birthday. I was still a bit scared of staying up there because of the mice and rats, and spiders. So when I went upstairs in the middle of the night, seeing my room covered in cobwebs and spiders made me loathe them forever.

Anyway, I jumped out of bed, jumping up and down as I shook my body and screamed, trying to get the spiders away from me.

Hannah's lamp turned on.

"Why are you screaming like-" She cut off when she saw what I was screaming at her, eyes widening.

Scream.

Ava woke up and joined us as well. Soon, all of us were screaming and doing the Harlem shake.

Someone pounded on the door and our form tutor's angry voice shouted:

"What's going on in there? Stop shouting like hooligans and let me in!"

I took deep breaths to calm myself, leaping over the spiders, (I'd faint if I squashed one of them with my bare foot) and opened the door.

My form tutor narrowed her eyes at me, frowning and peered inside. Then gasped.

"What happened?" She exclaimed.

"S-s-spiders." I stuttered, and she rolled her eyes.

"Yes, I can see that!" She said, annoyed. "Quickly, get out and close the door, don't let anything escape, I'll call someone." Then she quickly walked away.

"Ava, Hannah! Come, quick!" I shouted, and they stepped over the spiders and outside. I quickly closed and locked the door.

"You know who did this, right?" Ava confirmed, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Who- Wait. Jessica." I growled her name, my fists clenching. How she knew I hated spiders, I did not know. If I had my way I would storm up to her room and knock some sense into her.

"... And you're aware that we have to get revenge, right?" Hannah finished, smirking. I grinned a little.

"Yup. So, what are we going to do?" I asked them.

"Well, before I was friends with Jessica, and made her tell me her deepest fears, knowing they'd come in handy one day," Hannah started, and Ava raised an eyebrow again.

"Wait, you were friends with each other?" She asked, shocked. Hannah shook her head.

"No, I mean because we were roommates we were civil to each other. I was just acting a bit kinder, pretending to be her friend." She said.

"So?" I practically shouted. They both jumped a bit. "What are her fears?"

"Okay, she's scared of rats and mice. She's scared of balloons, and the sound they make when they pop. She hates getting wet with her clothes on. She's scared of heights and bubble wrap." Hannah said, listing them off her fingers.

"Whoa." Ava and I said at the same time.

"Girls! Step aside so Sir can come through!" Our form tutor re-appeared with a broom and a guy carrying a big vacuum. We moved out of the way and when they entered, and I heard the sound of the vacuum starting.

"Die, spiders, die." I muttered to myself, grinning evilly.

*****

I hope you liked the chapter!! Jessica has finally got her revenge, but Unique's will be worse... ;)