Chapter 24 - Detention With Boys (Part 1)

Chapter 24 - Detention With The Boys (Part 1)

I walked into Art, smiling because of what had happened in Maths. Was it wrong for me to be happy that Daniel got in detention with me? I'd only just met Daniel and I was already buddy-buddy with him. It was good to have another guy-friend.

That is, if Nathan was my friend.

"What's got you so happy?" Nathan asked, smiling slightly as I sat down next to him.

"Well, you know Daniel?" I asked him. His smile dropped.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Okay, so in Maths he had to sit next to me and then we started talking and I realised he's quite a funny guy, so we were just messing around and stuff. Then it was lunch and everything happened with Jessica and all that, then we realized we were late for class! So we rushed there and got in trouble with the teacher. Afterwards Daniel started poking my cheek like the idiot he is," I rolled my eyes, smiling at the memory.

"So I kind of shouted at him and then he got a detention!" I finished, chuckling. Nathan smiled a bit, but it looked a bit forced.

"And you find this funny because....?" Nathan asked and I rolled my eyes, grinning.

"Because, I have a detention with Daniel, which is great because we can mess around, teaching my mum a le-" I started but cut myself off when I realised what I was saying.

I hadn't told Nathan about the whole, 'being-a-rebel-to-teach-my-mum-a-lesson-' thing and I didn't want to because I was scared of what he would think of me. To be honest, it was a bit childish but I was tired of the way my mum was treating me, I had to show her I was my own person and she couldn't control me.

Anyway, Nathan raised an eyebrow. "What were you saying about your mum?" He asked and I giggled nervously.

"What? I never mentioned her- shouldn't the teacher be here by now?" I not-so-subtly tried to change the topic, looking around in confusion.

"I'll talk about this with you later, Grace." Nathan told me. I bit my lip, remembering that I hadn't told Nathan my name yet.

I should have just told him when I first met him!

I thought of telling him but decided not to. He would find out the day our teacher read our names out loud for the register, not looking around the room and ticking everyone off like he usually did.

I was very surprised Nathan didn't know my name, I mean, Hannah or someone must have told him about me, and they didn't call me Grace...

Speaking of Hannah...

"So," I whispered to Nathan as our teacher walked in. "What's up with you and Hannah?" I asked, and he stiffened.

"Who?" He replied and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't play dumb, I know you two know each other and something's going on between you guys."

Nathan sighed. "Okay, fine, she's my s-"

"Mr. Mont, I'd appreciate it if you didn't talk during the lesson." Our teacher interrupted, and I nearly in frustration.

"Hey, when did you get here, Sir? " Nathan asked, pretending to be surprised, but his smirk gave it away. "Like, ten minutes into the lesson?"

Our teacher glared at Nathan. "I'd appreciate it if you used manners when speaking to a member of staff, that is, if you have any manners."

"Ohhh!" Everyone chorused and Nathan rolled his eyes.

"I'd appreciate it if you got on with the lesson, unless you forgot those at home, since you were late and all..."

I couldn't stop laughing.

I didn't know why but whenever people insulted each other I found it extremely hilarious and just kept laugh through the whole thing.

Sir had turned a bit red but he crossed his arms and smirked. "Well, congratulations Mr. Mont, you just scored yourself a detention with Mrs Crumb tonight." He said.

Wait a second... That's MY teacher!

I slapped Nathan's arm excitedly, ignoring the tingles I felt when we touched. "That's my teacher! You have detention with me and Daniel!" I exclaimed, feeling happy for some reason. One more person to add to the small group.

"And that's making you happy because...?" He asked.

"Because, I'm awesome." I replied, flipping my hair and he grinned at me, laughing slightly.

****

"Sign your name there and keep you Timetable Book here." Mrs Crumb said when I walked in. I did as I was told, keeping the book on the table with an unnecessary 'slam!' and looking around the room.

Nathan and Daniel weren't there yet, but there was a girl with frizzy red hair sitting in the corner... Missy?

"Missy?" I said my thoughts out-loud, walking towards my friend. She looked up and grinned.

"Unique! I haven't seen you in ages!" She exclaimed and stood up, hugging me.

"Shh!" Mrs Crumb hissed from the front, giving us a stern look. I sat down next to Missy, sighing.

"You know Daniel and Nathan are coming, right?" I told Missy, and her eyes widened.

"Nathan? As in Hannah's st-"

Missy was cut off by the door opening, and Daniel walked in, followed by Nathan. They both looked angry, but Nathan looked angrier.

"Unique, we need to talk."

My eyes widened when I realised Nathan had called me by my real name.

He knew.

****

HEY GUYS!

Sorry about the late update and the short chapter! But this IS the first part of the chapter so there will be more soon!

How about that cliffhanger? And how do you think going on between Hannah and Nathan?

What do you think Nathan and Daniel spoke about?

Vote and comment please!! :D

I'll see you guys later!! :P