Chapter 16

"Can you tell me your name," I asked the boy after I finished hugging him. He sniffled. "Chuck," he said "Wow I couldn't even remember my name that fast," I said. "What is your name," he asked. "Arden," I said with a smile. "Can you tell me what this place is." He asked. I took a deep breath before telling him everything I knew. About how we got here and why. How this place works. Even about the maze. "So what job do you think I'll get," he asked after I was done telling him. "Well i dont know I guess we will find out," I said. "Let's go I'll show you around," I said holding out a hand. He took it and got up. "Okay but all those other people scare me," he said. I laughed a little. "It's okay I promise they are nice," I said. I took his hand and led him to the dinning area because it was almost dinner time. The whole way all the boys have is weird looks and Chuck held my hand tight. I took him to the seat I usually sit at and got some food. He devoured it in seconds. "Wow you must have been hungry," I said. He nodded. Soon Newt and Minho came up to sit with us and Chuck slides closer to me. They sat across from us. "So the maze was fun today," I heard Minho say. I froze. I totally forgot I had to run today. "Sorry I forgot I don't want to leave Chick alone," I said. "It's cool," I heard Newt say. "So that's your name greenie," Monho said. "Well I'm Monho and this is Newt," Chick nodded but didn't say anything. I shrugged my shoulders and went back to eating. Looks like Chick is a little shy. After dinner we all had the camp fire we have when a greenie comes. I sat with Chuck the hole time because he don't leave my side but I don't mind. It was nice. We hung out and he got a little more comfortable around Newt and Minho. Even talked to Alby for a little. It was nice to see him smile instead of crying. I even smiled and laughed for the first time in weeks. But they that night I heard the same screeching sound. The pricing sound you never want to hear. The grieves. Everyone stopped and looked towards the walls. I heard crying and footsteps. It was Chuck he was crying and running off towards the wall witch haven't closed yet.

Oh shit. I'm changing my name to make it easier.
Ily-Mac🌚