Chapter 19

Megan Taylor

I'm woken to the noise of a text message coming through my phone.

??
Hey Megan!
Was wondering if you
wanted to go mini golfing
with us later?

Megan
Wait who is this?

??
Oh sorry!
It's Tom

Megan
Oh yeah
Sure
Are the girls going?

Tom
Yes
We'll pick you up at 2

Megan
Great see you then

I checked the time on my phone, 12:31. Great such short notice.

I got a quick shower, deciding against washing my hair opting for a slick ponytail. I dressed in a navy skirt and white long sleeve, hoping it was appropriate for mini golfing.

Before I knew it, mid cereal eating, I heard a car horn beep from outside my house. I put my bowl in the sink and quickly ran out to the white car, Tom was sitting in.

"Hey" He says looking at me. His dirty blonde hair sticks out underneath the white hat he has on, backwards. He is dressed in brown trousers and a white polo.

"Hi" I say, putting on my seatbelt "Where are the girls?"

"Oh, they said they were busy" He smirked, focusing his eyes on the road "Looks like it's just you and me"

"Guess so" I say confused, watching him as he drives.

I sat in silence wondering about his words. An hour ago he told me they were coming. I wouldn't have came if I knew it would have been just him. Maybe he knew that and that's why he said the girls were coming.

After a few moments of unbearable uncomfortable silence, we pulled up to the mini golf course.

I quickly got out of his car, feeling as if the severely awkward tension would suffocate me. I followed behind Tom as he made his way up to the front desk.

After Tom made small talk with the young worker, we headed over towards the first hole.

"Now do you know how to play golf?" He smirked at me "Or did you just dress up for the occasion?"

"I guess we'll see" I decided to look past the weird situation I was put in and wanted to make the best of it.

"Ladies first" He grinned at me, stepping to the side.

I pull a weird face at him but nonetheless step up to take my turn. I place down the pink golfball I insisted on having. I raise my golf club, aiming at the ball and gently hit it. Unfortunately the ball completely went in the opposite direction than the direction I hoped it went in.

"That was the worst aim I have ever seen" Tom breathes out as he doubles over with laughter.

"Hey, it's not funny" I say in frustration as he finishes up laughing.

"Here I'll show you" He comes over to me, pressed against my back, he snakes his arms through mine and grabs my hands.

"Just like this" He whispers in my ear, guiding our conjoined hands to hit the gold ball. The ball goes in the hole in one shot. "See"