New Home

Alara

After throwing all my things into a suitcase I was led downstairs to Cameron's car. He was leaning against it with a cigarette to his lips, the end of it glowed red before dissolving into grey ash.

"Those will kill you, you know," I said as I threw my suitcase into the back of the car. I then reached for the passenger door and slipped in, still keeping my gaze away from him, just to signal how annoyed I was by this predicament. 

"Maybe I want to die," he grinned at me before extinguishing the flame and crushing the stub beneath his foot.

I scoffed, "And leave all this behind, I doubt it."

"Especially my beautiful wife," he mocked as he slid into the drivers seat. Placing one strong hand on the steering wheel and gunning the ignition. 

I scowled, "I'm not your wife yet,"

"And I was going to savour these last days of freedom but now I'm stuck babysitting," he sped up pressing his foot against the acceleration. The wind whipped at my hair leading to a mass of brown flowing out of the window. 

"Babysitting? I told you I could look after myself."

"Sure." I hated his tone it was so arrogant full of self assured importance like he knew his opinion mattered. 

The rest of the drive was relatively quite and when we didn't pull up to the Grayson mansion I was confused, "This isn't your house?"

He laughed at my reaction making me feel incredibly embarrassed, "I think I'd know my own house darling,"

"But-"

"Where we met was my parent's house, you didn't really think I still lived with my parents?" 

I gulped down my response knowing fully well I still lived with my parents, and there wasn't much shame in that it was family home so it just felt right being there, and I contributed to rent so it wasn't that I was free loading off of my parents. 

I didn't expect him to be chivalrous enough to open the door for me and I was correct. He got out of the car and made his way to the door. 

I got out of the car and he didn't even offer to help with my bags not that I needed any help it just would've been nice if he did help. Though who was I kidding why would a man known for his violence ever offer to help. 

He didn't even wait for me, he just dug his keys out of his pocket, unlocked the door and walked in. He almost slammed the door shut after him as though he had forgotten about my existence entirely but stopped himself before he did. Still he didn't wait. 

I lugged my suitcase and backpack into the house and left it in the opening. I was so tired I just wanted to curl up and sleep. The house wasn't as big as his parents but it did have a sizeable living room and kitchen. 

I couldn't see where Cameron had gone so I decided to leave my bags and go explore. I sprinted up the stairs and saw much to my dismay there was only one room. It was of course Cameron's, I shifted the door open and walked in. It was quite a nice room, with black and grey accents, there was a large king sized bed with black nightstands on either side. 

There wasn't much personal about the room, no photographs nothing to signify that this room belonged to Cameron. 

There was a small couch to the side of the room, it was grey with black pillows and looked comfortable enough. 

The wardrobe was quite large reaching completely up to the ceiling with intricate silver handles. Part of me wanted to be nosy and open up the wardrobe but I didn't get the chance before I heard someone else enter the room.