Pillows and Pancakes

Alara

The great wall of pillows had been breached but not by Cameron by me. I woke to have my right leg tangled between the pillows but thankfully no where near Cameron who was already awake and who had a smirk on his face.

He was staring down at me gleefully and I was totally confused by this sudden change in demeanour, this was the first time I saw him looking giddy like a child. 

"Who's got you smiling like that?" I grumbled as I pulled myself from the comfort of the bed. 

"You," he responded another smirk tugging at his lips.

Ok, I walked straight into that one. 

"Have you forgotten already," his voice sounded like he was reprimanding me and it was my turn to feel like a child. 

"Forgotten what?" I knew exactly what he was talking about but I wanted to see what his react to me seemingly forgetting our deal. 

He crashed onto the bed, almost blocking my path off the bed. I scowled at him, "My pancakes,"

I leant into the whole pretend I have forgotten shtick, "What pancakes?"

And when I say this grown man pouted I mean it, I couldn't contain my laugher. Cameron Grayson pouting was something I didn't know I needed in my life. 

"Oh I wish I had my phone, imagine your gangs reaction if they saw you like this," that caused his face to change back to the one I was used the stern firm set jaw, the no funny business kind of look. 

"You wouldn't dare," he leaned forward slightly his eyes sparkling with something unnameable, "Those looks are for your eyes, and your eyes only."

I let another flutter of laughter out, "Way to make a girl feel special,"

He winked at me, "Anything for you darling,"

"Now about my pancakes-" he began but I had another idea. I pulled one of the pillows from behind me and swung it at him. Square in the face and to say it was priceless would have been the understatement of the century.

He glared at me with devious intent in those emerald eyes, "Oh you have started a war Alara Mortello," he flung himself forward to the other side of the bed and armed himself with two pillows. It was seconds before he came crashing down on me pillows in hand a torrent of force and fluff.

"Ahhh," I let out a battle cry armed with my own two weapons a throw pillow and am memory foam one, I threw one at him hitting him in the chest and then rammed into him with the other. 

I hadn't calculated the force correctly and I went tumbling straight into him. Both me and Cameron fell onto the bed with fits of laughter with only a pillow between us, I was basically on his chest, I could feel the rise and fall with each of his breaths and the dark look in his eyes as he stared up at me.

My laughter died in the back of my throat, we were so close. My breath hitched and I felt his arm circle around me, pushing us ever so closer. 

"Not laughing now are you Alara?" the way he said my name like it was dipped in honey it was saccharine sweet and firm all at once. 

I couldn't even speak so I did the next best thing, I freed my hand from his grasp and picked up a pillow that had landed next to me and threw it straight at his face. The shock was enough for him to release me and I wriggled free. 

I leapt off of the bed and ran down the stairs, "Don't hurt me or you'll never get your pancakes,"

I rushed into the kitchen with him trailing behind me, "These better be the best pancakes ever," he half threatened still chasing after me.